Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by DerelictMan View Post
    Hey, just a belated thanks for this... this worked like a charm.
    im glad i could help

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Felerian01 View Post
    I couldnĀ“t figure out how to make aliases as ut3 doesnt seem to let me do it with older code from ut99 & ut2k4.
    well, try the following:
    Feler-dude
    Hey, just a belated thanks for this... this worked like a charm.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Heh... the dumb suggestion wins!

Honestly, had no idea you could do a toggle fire. You learn something every day I guess.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for all the help, everyone. I'll mess around tonight with some of these suggestions and see if I can get something to work. And thanks Discord for making the obvious suggestion that I had overlooked: an additional keyboard bind. I was considering just swapping the primary and secondary buttons (since my middle finger is stronger than my index finger on that hand), but the additional keyboard button will work even better I think.

Thanks again everyone.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I couldnĀ“t figure out how to make aliases as ut3 doesnt seem to let me do it with older code from ut99 & ut2k4.
    well, try the following:

Open your UTinput.ini and search for
    [Engine.PlayerInput]

add:
    Code:
    Bindings=(Name="arthritis",Command="StartFire")
    Bindings=(Name="ThumbMouseButton",Command="arthritis")
    search for
    [UTGame.UTPlayerInput]

and add:
    Code:
    Bindings=(Name="arthritis",Command="StartFire",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="ThumbMouseButton",Command="arthritis",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
    with this changed you press you "mouse button 4" (the one for your thumb) and then it starts shoting and does not stop until you click the left mousebutton once.

If you need help, send me a PM.

best regards,
    Feler-dude

Leave a comment:

• replied
    in all other UT games:
    set input [key] toggle bfire OR baltfire

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You do it the same way as you would do piped weapon binds, but someone said that you can't do piped binds in UT3 yet, so i don't know.

here's the line to look for in UTinput.ini if you don't know it.

Bindings=(Name="GBA_Fire",Command="StartFire | OnRelease StopFire",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I kind of doubt you can do that, because you're right... for most folks who don't have arthritis this would be considered a cheat. Or at least lazy as all get out.

If it's getting on your nerves as is, try using the alternate bind feature: make a second fire button on the keyboard for use with the stinger.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic "Toggle fire" binding?

"Toggle fire" binding?

Is it possible to set up a binding in the UT3 demo where the left mouse button would toggle the fire state of a gun? IOW, clicking it once would send the command "StartFire" and clicking it again would send the command "StopFire"?

The reason I'm asking is because I've found myself relying on the minigun much more in this game than in previous UT's, and I have mild arthritis in my right hand that is aggravated by the constant holding down of the left mouse button. (Part of this is because I can't seem to stop myself from pressing the button down harder than I need to when things get intense...) I'd like to set up a binding that would be active only when the minigun was selected that would allow me to click once to start the firing and click again to stop it.

I know some might consider this cheating, but I'm not looking to cheat... I'm just trying to find a way to play the game as pain-free as possible (without having to abandon the minigun). Any help or pointers are much appreciated...
Working...
X