No announcement yet.

How do people contiually forward dodge without pauses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not hard to dodge the same direction as you are moving with practise.
    I do it a lot when moving sideways as people just wont expect you to be running right and then suddenly dodge right too, thye will expect a left dodge.
    Forwards for travelling around it's easier just to turn the mouse.. it will still have the same effect as dodging forwards while running forwards.

Comment

stand still damned!

Comment

Strafing left or right and dodging forward, then running forward and dodging left or right, then strafing left or right and dodging forward. Throw in a few jumps and repeat ad nauseum.

Comment

the look left/right and dodge right/left technique and the added jump was the primary mode of motion in UT2, fastest way to get around on level ground without a TL.

Comment

Originally posted by GoodAndy View Post
            I've always thought that there are only four ways to dodge. Forward, backward, left, and right. If you say turning your view to another direction and dodge to the left and then turn your view back. You are basically turning then dodging to the left and then viewing back that way. Not some advanced new way of dodge forward. lol
            It't not new, people have been doing it for as long as I can remember (UT2003 for me). And the amount of time you're turning left is quite negligible if you learn to be proficient at it. Just takes a little practice.

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
              the look left/right and dodge right/left technique and the added jump was the primary mode of motion in UT2, fastest way to get around on level ground without a TL.
              Or, UT2 players took their lessons from UT and discovered that using the sideways dodge in this manner allowed a player to move several UUs farther than a standard forward dodge (anyone else remember the UT bible?). Then they added a jump in the middle to 'evolve' it

Comment

PROLLY HAX!!!!............nah joking i don't know how

Comment

Originally posted by Roulette View Post
                  Or, UT2 players took their lessons from UT and discovered that using the sideways dodge in this manner allowed a player to move several UUs farther than a standard forward dodge (anyone else remember the UT bible?). Then they added a jump in the middle to 'evolve' it
                  Chill I played UT and so did most people that played UT2, just because something was common in UT2 doesn't mean they invented it.

Comment

Working...
                  X