new psu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    700-850 would be closer to what you need, the 8800GTS's dont use that much power. *50 would be if u need it for SLI. You dont need wooping amounts of PSU like everyone seems to think you need. Sli-Ready 850 should be okay for ya. If you got something like 8800 Ultra or something in sli then yes, you'll need a mega PSU for something of that setup.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    my setup is very similar to yours and i have a 320mb 8800gts also. i went with this psu.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817812005

its def a high quality piece, its sli ready and it features 'Rail Fusion' for when it needs extra juice and its never needed to turn that on since ive had it.

just make sure you dont get a budget or low quality psu, whichever you decide to go to.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The PSU you mentioned should do ok, might want to think of getting an 850 or 900Watt with SLI (maybe 1kW if prices come down and you can afford it)

Leave a comment:

• started a topic new psu

new psu

so since ut3 is coming out i need a new PC but havent built one in years, i am wondering what wattage PSU i will need for a system with these specs?

AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+ Windsor 3.2GHz Socket AM2 Processor Model ADX6400CZWOF - Retail

OCZ Reaper HPC Edition 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model OCZ2RPR8002GK - Retail

ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 64 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler - Retail

BFG Tech BFGR88320GTSOC2E GeForce 8800GTS 320MB 320-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

BFG Tech BFGRPHYSX128P PhysX Processing Unit 128MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Physics Card - Retail

ASUS CROSSHAIR AM2 NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI MCP ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

I would like to leave enough room for another card in SLI in the future, probably 3-4 case fans

OCZ GameXStream OCZ700GXSSLI ATX12V 700W Power Supply - Retail
    i was looking at this one, is it too little? overkill? i really have no idea, thanks
Working...
X