Automoatic Custom Downloads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automoatic Custom Downloads

I was wondering when you go into a server with custom content, do you get to keep it, unlike how it is in UT2004?

you can keep it in 2004. there is a cache extractor. and you can set a variable for the downloaded content to 0 to keep the cach files where they are. i cant remember the variable but some one on here will

Comment

its really gay but i don't know y i have to download the maps i already have, happens to me like every 2 to 6 more weeks.

Comment

I hope the downloading process has been improved: i.e., show a list of all files that need to be downloaded and their size too so you can quickly make a decision to wait for all the files or to cancel the whole process. Some custom freaky servers have dozens of mutators and you don't know that if you're only informed of one file at a time, like UT2004.

Comment

Originally posted by Brutal View Post
          its really gay but i don't know y i have to download the maps i already have, happens to me like every 2 to 6 more weeks.
          I don't know about UT2, but in UT files stayed in your cache for 30 days by default. And as mentioned above, there is a cache extractor that would rename the hexcode.uxx files in Cache\ and send them to their proper folders. This could be done manually by reading Cache\cache.ini and renaming/moving the corrosponding files yourself.

Simeon: Agreed. I would love to have that feature.

Comment

Working...
          X