Will there be a second demo??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will there be a second demo??

As I'm one of the people who just couldn't get the **** game to install at all I would be please if EPIC released a second demo, with some kind of better installshield. As it is a "beta" demo it would be cool if u released a "real" demo, so to speak.

I just really want to try the new game out

So EPIC, will u release a second one soon??

No yes no yes no yes no yes no yes ... so decide yourself

Comment

I've got to agree, the installer sucks. Takes over 1.2 GiB on my C: drive to install, while the actual game data should be copied to the E: drive. It seems the installer extracts itself to a temporary directory which does contain the *real* installer. Had to re-do the installation 3 times because every time he complained about not enough space on C: -- the stupid thing is that it won't tell you how much it needs there.
      Nevertheless I don't think that this is a reason for releasing another demo.

Comment

Originally posted by blackout View Post
        I've got to agree, the installer sucks. Takes over 1.2 GiB on my C: drive to install, while the actual game data should be copied to the E: drive. It seems the installer extracts itself to a temporary directory which does contain the *real* installer. Had to re-do the installation 3 times because every time he complained about not enough space on C: -- the stupid thing is that it won't tell you how much it needs there.

Well there are many other issues than just the space on C one.
        Just look at how many replies "installation feedback" has. A thread about installing a demo shouldn't really be that long...

Comment

no second demo needed cause the final is coming soon, other than that, the demo version is really good just some more options in the ui and I am happy. GOOD JOB EPIC!!!!!

Comment

theres already a thread about this.......

Comment

Originally posted by Brutal View Post
              theres already a thread about this.......
              ...where??

Comment

Originally posted by blackout View Post

The majority of Windows based installers extract to a temporary folder. This is VERY common regardless of the application. It's an installer package and not the actual pieces needed....just like a ZIP file. It has to extract somewhere to run.

Comment

the installer drove me nuts as well, while I wanted nothing installed on C: I now have all the config files and the silly ageia stuff.
                  my C: drive is relatively full in general and it took me an hour or so to figure out that making enough space for the temp files wasn't the solution.
                  I had to move my temp files to another disk so the other stuff had enough room to install on C:
                  that really sucks, hope the full game doesnt have me jumping through hoops just to get it installed :P

Comment

Lol I remember when everyone was like "omg epic when is the demo coming?!?!/?!111??"

Now it's "omg epic when is the second demo coming?!?!/?!111??"

LOL!

Comment

people are never happy =/

Comment

We need a second demo, people are running out of things to complain about.

Comment

Working...
                        X