Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UT3 has won me over..Never going back !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not for everybody, looks like I have to be stuck with UT2004 for a while because of my poor PC..

Comment

I totally agree. When I heard no adrenaline I was thinking it was gonna' suck. But now I prefer no adrenaline. I love the way the game plays. The vehicles are great, the guns are perfect. And so far, I am in love with the maps. I can't wait to get a copy of the game with the 40 maps I've been hearing about. I hope I can grab a copy of the Collector's Edition. I also hope that my head doesn't explode until I get a copy of it. The one thing I don't like is the new HUD. I'm getting used to it, but I don't really like it. It's got that lame Power Rangers feel to it.

Comment

I have a feeling, at least I hope that the graphics will be much much better in the full version of ut3, I mean I hope it actually looks like the screen shots on all the gaming websites.

So your 8800gtx will be used fully and make your game look better.

Comment

i found the graphics in UT2004 are better than UT3 for my pc lol, my graphics card cant handle the UE3

Comment

Originally posted by btcomm View Post
            I have a feeling, at least I hope that the graphics will be much much better in the full version of ut3, I mean I hope it actually looks like the screen shots on all the gaming websites.

So your 8800gtx will be used fully and make your game look better.
            That is a definite because the textures being used in the demo are not the high res textures that will be included in the game. Don't worry the game is going to look fantastic ... just like all those amazing screenshots you are talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by AngryGumball View Post
              Hello Darkmantis nice to meet you I am glad to know your a grahpics ***** who only dates people that are from Hollywood. I mean you wouldn't want someone with a little substance or perhaps a real stance on an issue or something.
              why would u post this...

Comment

^^ because he has no sense of humor whatsoever.

Comment

Yeah i think the gameplay and gfx are much better in ut3, can't wait for those axon versus necris vehicle battles... I can't understand all the whine about adrenaline and double dodge, it's much better without them. Basically adrenaline was just Booster every once in a while, and double dodge made it impossible to predict your enemy's movements at times which resulted in ppl preferring instant hit weapons at the more experienced level.

Anyway what really disappoints me is the same problem that was in ut2004: instant weapon hits are affected by ping. Unreal would have huge potential for multi-national clans and international matches, but having ping over 60-70 makes hitting with shock rifle and minigun way more difficult and, at least for me, takes away part of the fun. I still can't understand why can't sniper, shock, minigun and link gun hits be tested on client side, so high ping wouldn't matter so much. They did in in Counter-Strike so it shouldn't be a problem. Because of this most ppl won't probably play on other countries' servers which is a real shame.

What's the deal with impact hammer secondary btw, it's kinda useless ^^
                  Oh and nerf minigun, it's too dominant

Comment

Originally posted by stoker6 View Post
                    Graphics? I don't see a big difference at all and I'm on an 8800gtx.
                    Strange, I have a 8800GTX and the UT3 graphics completely own the UT2004 graphics.

UT3 has won me over as well. I was one of the biggest proponents of UT2004 trick jumping and UT3 has even won me over. Sure, I would like to have the doge/wall dodge back, but it's just not a game breaking issue to me.

After playing UT3 for a few hours, I went back to play UT2004 and it seemed to be moving in slow motion. Now I can't stand the slow feel of UT2004.

Comment

Anything that slows down the UT2004 gameplay, and neutralizes the double-jump madness to some degree (even if the change is minor) is welcome to me.

-

Btw, I actually play on World Detail=Low, because I like the look of it better. I can run World Detail=High at 50 fps, but I prefer it on Low after looking at the TweakGuides comparison of each setting. It removes the contrasty color-wash from everything, and makes it look more realistic IMHO. Of course, graphics-enthusiasts who are only satisfied by seeing technological advancement, and not necessarily good artistic composition, may not like it as much. It loses it's hollywood, over-color-corrected feel (and also becomes much easier on the eyes).

Comment

Originally posted by Tinkula View Post
                        I still can't understand why can't sniper, shock, minigun and link gun hits be tested on client side, so high ping wouldn't matter so much.
                        because the more that gets done client-side means the more hacking cheats can benefit.

Comment

I do believe that UT3 is by far the best UT yet (and I was a big fan of UT99). That is the core gameplay and graphics combination.

And the graphics too are a big improvement in the way they handle and their solidity (at least in some maps like DM-Sentinel, in others it's probably worse than previous games due to too much bloom or too dark/uniform textures), it's easy to forget how 2k4 looked until you go back and a/b them, and 'overdone effects in UT3' aside the details like how the characters stand on steps, how they look up close etc puts it well above UT2k4.

Aside from the known 'bugs' and hitbox stuff the gameplay in the beta kept me happy for ages (basically just on shangriLa I didn't play the others as much) and I look forward to that great DM feeling in the new maps (the aforementioned sentinel and a handful of others).

In fact I have little bad to say about the game itself, it's about the details that are missing/flawed in the UI and the widescreen implementation that drag it down for me and caused me to cancel my pre-order, yes some of those issues are that important to me.

Will defo pick it up later/after xmas at a cheaper price - first UT that I haven't bought on launch day and strangely (imo) the best on a gameplay level but it's not enough in itself to make me forget about the other stuff especially with so many other games to choose from and keep me busy (ie crysis + sandbox2 which I could spend all year with and not get bored).

Comment

yer after playin UT3, UT2004 seems like its been rendered obsolete lol, although on my pc the UT2004 graphics look better than UT3 lol

Comment

i dont like agreeing with banned members, so i will agree with Madmanxan. UT 3 FTW!

goodbye 2004, you are the past now ! ! ! ! !

Comment

Working...
                              X