Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UT3 has won me over..Never going back !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 has won me over..Never going back !!!

I have to admit, after playing over a week straight in UT3, I have gotten so used to the gameplay and how the game works, I don't think I'll be going back to 2k4, and I love 2k4 . I played 2k4 the other day for the hell of it and I never realized how bad the graphics in 2k4 are when compairing it to UT3. They (ut2k4) seem so dull and flat, it was actually distracting. I admit, before UT3, 2k4 was my love, but now, I'm with a sexier chick with fake boobs and a tight ***, and I'm not going back to my ex

lol @ your last sentence. i have also been playing it a fair bit and the more i do the more i enjoy it. cannot wait for more game modes, new vehicles, lots of new maps, new characters, the list goes on.

Comment

Nicely put. o_O

Comment

w00t! how many of you are going to download it pre-order? I like the feel of disc so I'll head down to the local game shop and pick mine up...I would love to have it first thing being able to download, but some games that you download don't always come with everything on the dvd...

Comment

Hello Darkmantis nice to meet you I am glad to know your a grahpics ***** who only dates people that are from Hollywood. I mean you wouldn't want someone with a little substance or perhaps a real stance on an issue or something.

Comment

Geeze, AngryGumball you sure live up to ur name!

Yah mantis I'm in the same boat-
            But I wish I could get more online play in but my connection and location suck!! Hoping for heaps to keep me busy on the singleplayer front cuz I aint doing much on 180ping thats for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by AngryGumball View Post
              Hello Darkmantis nice to meet you I am glad to know your a grahpics ***** who only dates people that are from Hollywood. I mean you wouldn't want someone with a little substance or perhaps a real stance on an issue or something.
              Lighten up. He's having a bit of fun.

Comment

yes, sarcasm is it's own reward.

i play all 4 uts, and would not give up any of them, but i look forward to the full game with full graphics and all those custom content levels with zero bling, and one's that will make my 8800 gtx Sli crawl. it's going to be a good 2 years

Comment

I hope that nothing changes from the demo, aside from getting more maps and modes! I don't want adrenaline, and I want the movement to remain the same. I don't want the maps to be too much bigger than Shangri La, and no smaller than HeatRay, unless the maps were specifically for 1v1 or massive 64 player maps (also, Deck 17 would be the exception in any case). The only thing left is for the wait until the game is released!

Comment

Originally posted by hawkwind View Post

i play all 4 uts,
                    UT2K3 doesnt count /not worthy\

Comment

lmao nice thread!!

Comment

I did the same but most definitely enjoy 2k4 much more.

Graphics? I don't see a big difference at all and I'm on an 8800gtx.

Comment

Originally posted by darkmantis View Post
                          I have to admit, after playing over a week straight in UT3, I have gotten so used to the gameplay and how the game works, I don't think I'll be going back to 2k4, and I love 2k4 . I played 2k4 the other day for the hell of it and I never realized how bad the graphics in 2k4 are when compairing it to UT3. They (ut2k4) seem so dull and flat, it was actually distracting. I admit, before UT3, 2k4 was my love, but now, I'm with a sexier chick with fake boobs and a tight ***, and I'm not going back to my ex
                          That is so funny ... I was thinking the exact same thing after I re-installed UT2K4 to play several maps that have just been released. And they are great levels at that ... two amazing ONS levels, one great DM, and one simply sensational CTF map that looks like it belongs in UT3 almost. I loved UT2K4 as well (even lead a mod team which developed HaloUT) and used to think that graphically there was no game better all around. Then along comes UT3 and utterly destroys it ... not just graphics wise but sound and gameplay wise as well. The one thing I really really miss though are the adrenaline powers.

But I think what will happen is that this series ... UT will continue forward without them while UC3 will definitely still have them because Adrenaline powers are really what UC2 is all about besides the melee combat. Actually I think that is pretty clever ... now the two series have a lot of differences between them. One is clearly all about hand to hand combat with weapons and smaller team battles, while the other is more strategic and tactical and has vehicles and a larger gametype specifically made for huge online battles.

I am still glad I reinstalled UT2K4 for those maps though ... they were definitely worth playing as is the latest version of Ballastic weapons v2.1 ... still once UT3 arrives it is going to take something pretty special (like Gunreal) to make me keep UT2K4 installed and taking up 10 gigs that could be used for Unreal stuff ... although I have a feeling that worthwhile content won't be coming for a while ... I just think that it is going to take longer to develop really good levels and mutators and weapons/characters/vehicles, not to mention new gametypes than it did in UT2K4 and porting things over will be a lot more difficult than porting content from UT2K3 to UT2K4. So I think for a while anyway my HD won't get to swollen from free UT3 content, which is good because I need the room for some other amazing PC games ... like Gears of War and Crysis.

Comment

Originally posted by stoker6 View Post
                            Graphics? I don't see a big difference at all and I'm on an 8800gtx.
                            What? You must be blind or have a really bad monitor because the difference is enormous and immediately noticeable. I showed the two games to my roommate who is no gamer at all and even he noticed how much better looking UT3 is right away. Something tells me you are not being serious.

Comment

Originally posted by darkmantis View Post
                              I admit, before UT3, 2k4 was my love, but now, I'm with a sexier chick with fake boobs and a tight ***, and I'm not going back to my ex
                              That, dude, is sig worthy right there
                              And I couldn't agree more. Played UT2004 the other night after a week of the UT3 demo and it just didn't feel right. I liked UT2004 and it's never left my hard drive but I'm afraid it going the way of the Dodo when UT3 comes out

Comment

Working...
                              X