Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If PS3's and Xbox 360's had Mice/Keyboards...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If PS3's and Xbox 360's had Mice/Keyboards...

I'm thinking the game would sell more copies or at least appease more fans that lack the cash for the CPUs but still want their UT99 gameplay.

PS3 does for sure *hint* read stickies *hint*, don't think the 360 supports it even.

Comment

Then I guess I'm directing this thread towards the 360 and I read the sticky immediately after posting... shows you how much attention I pay to those.

Comment

Ps3 will have mouse and keyboard support, xbox wont

Comment

Well I doubt Epic can do anything about it, I haven't seen a single Xbox360 with a keyboard connected to it, I don't think the console itself supports it, I don't have one so I might be mistaken but I doubt it since I haven't head about it ever.

You can get a tiny keyboard to place on your controller between the 2 "prongs" you hold, but it's hardly something I'd want to game on, and I doubt you can use it for controls.

Comment

I know it supports KB, I have no idea about the mouse though.

Comment

Its supports them with this adapter

http://www.videogames.net.au/userima...1175327326.jpg

http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/resou...xbm360xfps.jpg

Comment

BADASS! *goes to buy one of those adapters*

Comment

Originally posted by Brutal View Post
                  Ps3 will have mouse and keyboard support, xbox wont
                  You sound so sure. Care to post a link confirming it?

Comment

Originally posted by Number1SuperGuy View Post
                    BADASS! *goes to buy one of those adapters*
                    After reading more into it, it appears that the mouse movement of the 360 keyboard/mouse adapter acts as an emulated gamepad, rather than as a normal mouse. Not recommended for hardcore keyboard/mouse gamers.

But really, what's to stop Microsoft from making their own keyboard/mouse adapter? They could package the whole thing as a mouse/keyboard that plugs right into the 360 and add all their logos and buttons and connectors that you'd find on a normal 360 controller.

I never heard Microsoft say they'd never do this. Links to the press release would be wonderful.

Comment

I am completely against KB/M on consoles. Especially with those piece of sh*t adapters that keep getting released on the 360. Why, because it is completely unfair to those of us who play with gamepads. Frankly, I'm sick and tired of it. It happened with the first Xbox, and now they're trying to ruin everyone elses fun again on the 360. I don't want to play UT3 on the 360, when it comes out, and have certain individuals keep headshotting everyone else just because they have a clear advantage with their KB/M. I actually hope that Microsoft, in the Live updates, include a block for those adapters so that only gamepadders can play together.

Comment

Why do people think it's more fun to use something that limits your skill?

Comment

i'm glad 360 doesn't support kb/m, i want it to remain a fair playing field, kb/m will always destroy gamepad players. if you want kb/m buy the pc or ps3 version.

p.s. i wouldn't be opposed to 360 supporting it if could be set so game pad never vs. kb/m.

Comment

in the pc long run, epic wants licensees; consoles are a completely different -- sell copies. all newer consoles are *close* to full kb/mouse support, some official and some !not

Comment

Guys, The 360 has a USB port, so It's entirely possible Epic could utilize it to use a keyboard. Hell, get a Keyboard with a hub built in like the Zboard, and you can run the mouse too!

I mean if Nintendo Wii, can use a KB for the Internet Channel, and PS3 already has KB support, you can bet the 360 will most likely have it too.

Comment

Working...
                              X