No announcement yet.

Poor people with poor computers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol, I can't believe how many people are looking for every way to upgrade their computer, every way EXCEPT getting a job. If one is smart, they can put together a decent rig for >$1000, and it will be easily upgradable for the next year or two. Even a real crappy job at ~$8.00/hr will only take a couple months or so to earn enough.

Comment

Originally posted by ghouck View Post
      Lol, I can't believe how many people are looking for every way to upgrade their computer, every way EXCEPT getting a job. If one is smart, they can put together a decent rig for >$1000, and it will be easily upgradable for the next year or two. Even a real crappy job at ~$8.00/hr will only take a couple months or so to earn enough.

Oh FFS, quoted for the truth!!

If you seriously play games, take your hobby seriously and save $2/day for future PC upgrades. You will never have to participate in one of these threads ever again.

Comment

Originally posted by ghouck View Post
        Even a real crappy job at ~$8.00/hr will only take a couple months or so to earn enough.
        Maybe if you still live with your parents.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyInfamous View Post
          Maybe if you still live with your parents.
          Mhm, I mean I am saying yes. I know it's a bit lame me having turned 18 in June and now I'm still living with my dad since about graduation of highschool in June(happy I got my diploma and such) B4 that is was sorta on and off time with my mom and dad. Oh sry, anyways, still plenty of played to pwn on UT2k4 with my PC that can get a good 100-200 FPS on it lol(3.06 Ghz P4 on the 533 FSB, 1 gig of Kingston HyperX DRR400, BFG 6800 GToc, AGP of course :/ so that means my upgrade will be a good one when it happens in a couple months). The 512 MB 8800 GT just came out and can be had for $250-300 but should lower down to 200-250 in a couple weeks, remember it performs very close to a GTX which costs more than double(just think about that, so what if the GT runs a bit hot, it uses quite a bit less wattage).

Comment

Do not fear work, it's good for the soul.

I had an interview at Best Buy yesterday... I'm not going to work there because I did a little research and apparently the job is hellish.
            That sounds like a great opportunity for a high school grad. You should take the job if offered. You will learn people skills, humility, responsibility, organization, etc. You will also learn that you should have went to college if you wanted a job that's challenging, fun, and exciting!

Comment

i was near to get a decent job yesterday, but a ***ot won the job (, lol, maybe 8800 GT the next year for me , nobody want a recent graduated electronic enginner here? lol...

Comment

What happens to the poor unfortunate noobs who can't even run the demo?
                Your Screwed muhahahahahaha

Comment

Just buy an xbox 360.

Comment

i can still get it running with my crappy system

amd 64 3500+ single core
                    x1600 pro 512MB ram
                    1 GB of system ram

well it looks like **** but i get 30 - 40 fps on 1024x768
                    75%
                    and all settings on 1

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
                      PC gaming isn't more expensive now what it was in the past.
                      You know that is a very good point. Just about every build I have ever done has roughly cost me about the same amount of money. It's kind of eerie actually, considering how much everything else seems to be skyrocketing.

Comment

Originally posted by Vir View Post
                        Just buy an xbox 360.
                        ill go with ps3 ty lol

Comment

If your poor you should buy this video card:
                          http://fxvideocards.com/**

Comment

Originally posted by EmperorOfDoom View Post
                            If someone has purchased that card for reasons other than business... Let me know so I can laugh at you.

Comment

When I am low on computer cash, I find little old ladies don't hold onto their purses very well...

Comment

Originally posted by EmperorOfDoom View Post
                                TY!! I'm going to buy it now!! its like ! .... almost FREE!! TY BRO!

Comment

Working...
                                X