Poor people with poor computers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NakhtiUT3 View Post
    It really does suck being financially challenged at this time of year. Not only do we have to worry about getting our loved ones Christmas gifts but we have to budget for all the new games coming out and also have to upgrade our PCs or buy new ones and for us hardcore gaming enthusiasts that is not cheap at all. I have to admit I envy the folks who can afford the quad CPU and SLI GPU powered Super Rigs ... it really must be nice. And yes I know I should be thankful for the system I have ... it isn't the best around but it definitely is far from the worst as well.
    This post brought a tear to my eye... All I want to do is pwn noobs and I wasn't even thinking about the less fortunate that will have to play at 8.5 fps this Christmas...

Call me Scrooge.

Comment

Perhaps Epic will release UT3 for the Atari 2600 so all the poor people can play it.

TC

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyInfamous View Post
        What happens to the poor unfortunate noobs who can't even run the demo?
        they will still be noobs, as long as u can play the game okay, a better pc-system doesn't have to win against a less good pc.

as long as u can play the game: ur ready to pwn
        if u dont: u'll stay noob

Comment

Originally posted by tcman44 View Post
          Perhaps Epic will release UT3 for the Atari 2600 so all the poor people can play it.

TC
          That or what Number1SuperGuy suggested...

What time should we all meet on Runescape by TEH tree with TEH fire and TEH fish? (That's as far as I got...)

Comment

Originally posted by kisk View Post
            upgrading a system to play ut3 effectively isn't too expensive at all. buy what you need now,wait about a year, then push your comp/game with further upgrades. why is everyone so adamant about getting "THE BEST SYSTEM EVER HIGH FPS" system... its not much different after 60-75fps. if you're not looking to go huge just buy small(er).

Right. I bought an 8600 GTS ($113 after rebate), and I'm getting decent framerates (high 40's, low 50's average at 1280 res). A year from now, I'm betting the 8800 series will cost half as much as it does now. Easy enough to wait for further upgrade until then.

Comment

poor people must find a job so they can buy uber leet pc's.

Comment

Im probably taking out a loan, building a kickass new PC, then working more over the summer to pay off the loan. Haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Sauron View Post
                  Im probably taking out a loan, building a kickass new PC, then working more over the summer to pay off the loan. Haha.
                  By the time summer kicks in, your system would be worth 1/2 as much.
                  Maybe work at CompUSA/Best Buy for Christmas season?

Comment

Originally posted by re8 View Post
                    By the time summer kicks in, your system would be worth 1/2 as much.
                    Maybe work at CompUSA/Best Buy for Christmas season?
                    I had an interview at Best Buy yesterday... I'm not going to work there because I did a little research and apparently the job is hellish.

Comment

yep.. thiunk the best and quickest way is to just get a **** loan for a machine... billz zap up too much money, and with any money left over, could take MONTHS! to save, who wants to wait months to play UT3?

Comment

Originally posted by VACkillers View Post
                        yep.. thiunk the best and quickest way is to just get a **** loan for a machine... billz zap up too much money, and with any money left over, could take MONTHS! to save, who wants to wait months to play UT3?
                        Something about smaller loans just scares me. I think I'll just stick to male prostitution.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyInfamous View Post
                          I had an interview at Best Buy yesterday... I'm not going to work there because I did a little research and apparently the job is hellish.
                          I worked there for 2 years. It wasn't bad. I say, give it a shot, and if it doesn't work out for you, give your two weeks notice. If anything you'll learn some different things there, and meet new people, make new friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultron View Post
                            I worked there for 2 years. It wasn't bad. I say, give it a shot, and if it doesn't work out for you, give your two weeks notice. If anything you'll learn some different things there, and meet new people, make new friends.
                            I'm sure it's simply crappy management at our local Best Buy. My source was a buddy that worked there for 3 years in the Geek Squad. My brother also worked there a short while. Both of them said that their supervisors asked ridiculous things and would randomly ask them for a customer's name, even if all that happened was:

Employee: "Hi, can I help you?"
                            Customer: "No, I'm good. Thanks."
                            Manager: "Did you get that customer's name? No? I'm writing you up."

Comment

I'm scared about UT3...

The demo runs right but who says my PC will be able to run the UT3 retail properly?

Comment

Yeah that's crappy management, Johnny. The stories I could tell. Fortunately I had a backbone, and made some positive changes at my precinct in the two years I was there, such as giving everyone regular schedules and decent hours, and driving down our turnaround time to stellar levels. The thing is, if you know the rules, you can use them to keep your job enjoyable, rather than be forced into a stressful role by a bad manager.

Comment

Working...
                                X