No announcement yet.

Poor people with poor computers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry if i don't have oodles of money, still sucks anyways...i'm one of 'em...

Comment

PC gaming isn't more expensive now what it was in the past.

Comment

im saving like 300$ per month at minimum wage in canada and il get my pc upgraded in like 2 month whit a new cpu/mobo/ram so im sure you can save more if you work because I have to pay rent and stuff

Comment

upgrading a system to play ut3 effectively isn't too expensive at all. buy what you need now,wait about a year, then push your comp/game with further upgrades. why is everyone so adamant about getting "THE BEST SYSTEM EVER HIGH FPS" system... its not much different after 60-75fps. if you're not looking to go huge just buy small(er).

I'm certainly not rich and can't afford to upgrade heavily after every new game release that i'm REALLY interested in...

Comment

Go on places like craigslist and see if they have good comptuers they're selling. You can get a bargain, ie nice rigs that run UT3 well for 60% of retail price.

Comment

Originally posted by GrimReaper View Post
              Check out GoodWill hehehe
              you'd be surprised sometimes, but when something good shows up, you can bet it will be snatched up fast like I did when I found a 50 CD player for 20 or so bucks. Works fine!!! It was placed that same day.

Comment

Goodwill is where I shop for just about everything. We've got 3 of them in my city... If you check them all you're bound to find something incredible for a dollar or two.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyInfamous View Post
                  What happens to the poor unfortunate noobs who can't even run the demo?
                  Doesn't make us noobs for having **** computers.

Comment

Look at Tom's Hardware guide to see what cards out there are the best bang for the buck. And look on Slickdeals too. My brother found a 7900 GS for $80 after rebate there.

Comment

Originally posted by Ceil View Post
                      Current rig:

Pentium 4 1.7ghz (yes, that's single core)
                      512mb RAM
                      nVidia GeForce FX5200
                      Xubuntu 7.04 OS

Rig I'm gonna buy for UT3 (and other stuph I need a good PC for):

AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3.0ghz (dual core)
                      2-4gb RAM (prolly 2 to start)
                      nVidia 8800GTS 640mb (possible SLi later, but one to start)
                      Slackware 12 OS

Of course, I need a job first. And no one in this sh*t town appears to be hiring -_- I need moar gas so's I can expand my job-hunting horizons ;x
                      Seriously, it appears that ATI (AMD now) cards run UT3 a whole lot better than nvidia. Get a cheapo used aticard like x800. And those early P4's overclock like H**l.

Comment

Originally posted by Perzy View Post
                        Seriously, it appears that ATI (AMD now) cards run UT3 a whole lot better than nvidia. Get a cheapo used aticard like x800. And those early P4's overclock like H**l.
                        When I build my new computer, it's going to have all ****-good quality parts inside. I'd rather wait a year and build the rig I listed than wait two months and build a "decent" box.

Also, I don't suppose you know how ATi (AMD, I guess) is getting along with Linux nowadays? I hear they're getting better, but I don't know how much better, and I don't want to spend $300 on a video card just to find out the drivers suck and have to RMA it <_<

Comment

Originally posted by Ceil View Post
                          Also, I don't suppose you know how ATi (AMD, I guess) is getting along with Linux nowadays? I hear they're getting better, but I don't know how much better, and I don't want to spend $300 on a video card just to find out the drivers suck and have to RMA it <_<
                          ATi drivers have ALWAYS been better than Nvidia's drivers IIRC. I don't know if it's because ATi has a good driver team or if Nvidia has a bad driver team. I think it's the latter. But anyways, like you said, nothing to spend $300 on

Comment

Nobody mentioned UT2004 so far?

Comment

Originally posted by da ghost View Post
                              ATi drivers have ALWAYS been better than Nvidia's drivers IIRC. I don't know if it's because ATi has a good driver team or if Nvidia has a bad driver team. I think it's the latter. But anyways, like you said, nothing to spend $300 on
                              Funny, everything I've read and benchmarks I've seen tell me that ATi drivers have always been ****-poor on Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyInfamous View Post
                                What happens to the poor unfortunate noobs who can't even run the demo?
                                Thats me so im gettin ps3 version

Comment

Working...
                                X