Please change the flashing red and distortion effect when a player gets hit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Or someone could make a mutator that has a different damage/death indicator ... but yeah it kind of threw me off as well but now I am used to it so it makes little personal difference to me.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is this newfangled effect supposed to let you know from which side you're being shot? I couldn't really tell.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If you need a seizure-inducing blink-and-flicker spectacle to tell you that you've been hit, you must have hated the previous ut games.

And the two Konami Ninja Turtles arcade games were the best ever made with that franchise, same goes for the Simpson arcade game.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The first time I was hit while playing the PC demo, I *really* took notice to the hit/recoil effect. The game really wants to let you know what just happened. There is nothing worse than a game which provides poor feedback. Just play the ninja turtles arcade game available on the Xbox Arcade. I remembered loving that game when I was younger. However, when I play it today, the thing i notice is that when you attack a foot soldier, he doesn't blink, flash, or spawn an impact sprite. Same goes for when the foot soldier hits you.

You'd be surprised how effective decent feedback in a game can be. You'd be even more surprised if one day the feedback in your favorite game was gone. It would be noticeable and too plain that you'd want it back.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The effects when you're hit and especially when you die are horribly annoying. Only Super-ADHD kids would enjoy this. Definetly needs to be switched off in the options.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    whats eyestrain? and what red blur effect you're talking about? I see a lot of red things, what exactly is this you mean? o.O

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Madmanxan View Post
    i like the damage indicators...it lets you know ur getting hurt lol...the damage indicators in UT99 were good too i reckon...
    At least in 2004 you can get direction. In UT3 it just spams the edges of your screen with an annoying flashing circle. It makes it impossible to fight back in some cases.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It'd be nice if the severity of the effect was somewhat relative to the severity of the damage. For instance, when you're driving/flying a vehicle and someone is hosing you with Stinger primary, your screen gets all messed up even though you're pretty much shrugging it off.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It really needs to optional.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It makes me feel sick. I will not be supporting or buying the game if this can't be turned off.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by da ghost View Post
    All of those points were random. Low fps also causes eyestrain, so make sure you're playing at >30 fps. any lower and your eyes will know that it's a slideshow, and give you a hard time. Any higher and they'll be like, "doesn't quite look right, but at least it's >30 fps)
    Its not low fps that does it, its low herts on a crt monitor.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nothing wont with it, i like it!!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i like the damage indicators...it lets you know ur getting hurt lol...the damage indicators in UT99 were good too i reckon...

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    i agree, there should be an option to remove the effect

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
    Imo it should be toned down a lot, but making it optional would give people without it an advantage.
    alot of players like me never used default models, cause we wanted to see the different player models. alot of players used default model to gain an "advantage". if everyone can turn it off and a player chooses not to, its their choice, advantage or not.

but regardless, that red blur effect really needs to be toned down ALOT, AND needs to be able to be disabled imnsho. its just annoying and over the top BLURRRRED...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X