Unreal Tournament 3 Bunnytracks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the most important point:

- Focussing mainly on the BT prefix! Eliminate that CTF-BT !

Was anoying like a stick your a** back in UT99 and same ***** happend in UT2k4 with Assault for example with the racing maps....
    Not only if you wanted to play CTF you could have landed on a BT Server... you also had to download the maps twice for BT and for CTF-BT-

so please make it a gametype from the start, thx.

I would like to help on this mod, no matter if by giving ideas. Testing muts/mods. Testing maps. And god knows maybe by making own maps. So get in touch with me if you like

Comment

There are like a gazillion UT99 BT maps, and its quite fun for most of them. I wouldn't mind seeing it in UT3

If you still like BT and live somewhere around Australia, theres a Rebellion BT server at unreal:\\rebellion.net.au:5555
      Its still popular.

Also the maps on there don't have the CTF-BT prefix, its just BT-

Comment

Hey everyone, I'm Pendulum. sup Rainwolf. I've Seen you on BT.com. hope you've seen me.

If you really want to help on the BT mod anyone: please go to http://www.bunnytracks.com

and Xyx. No one ripped off the trials thing in UT2004. Notice UT came out in 99. BT mod was made before UT2004

AND PLEASE! if interested, visit the above link, register and make yourself known. There is some Topics started for UT 3 BT.

Thanks and Good Job Rainwolf/Alto for starting a topic here.

peace out.

Comment

Originally posted by Felerian01 View Post
          This is the most important point:

- Focussing mainly on the BT prefix! Eliminate that CTF-BT !

Was anoying like a stick your a** back in UT99 and same ***** happend in UT2k4 with Assault for example with the racing maps....
          Not only if you wanted to play CTF you could have landed on a BT Server... you also had to download the maps twice for BT and for CTF-BT-

so please make it a gametype from the start, thx.
          BT started out with the CTF-BT prefix because of the lack of coding skills. Even after the BT mod(BT- prefix only) server owners prefer the CTF-BT prefix cause it's easier to find in the server listings thus creating more server traffic. The original BT ServerTab(authorless) had problems finding all servers that connected to the main server listing(it's been fixed).

If you ask me I don't think BT really needs flags, a proper "score zone/pod" would eliminate the whole flag thing. Doing that would give the gametype it's own feel and stray away from the whole CTF bit.

Basically it all depends on who's willing to step up and help out with the coding end of things. On the mapping end of things there are a few who are willing to jump into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pendulum View Post
            Hey everyone, I'm Pendulum. sup Rainwolf. I've Seen you on BT.com. hope you've seen me.

If you really want to help on the BT mod anyone: please go to http://www.bunnytracks.com

and Xyx. No one ripped off the trials thing in UT2004. Notice UT came out in 99. BT mod was made before UT2004

AND PLEASE! if interested, visit the above link, register and make yourself known. There is some Topics started for UT 3 BT.

Thanks and Good Job Rainwolf/Alto for starting a topic here.

peace out.

Yep, I have seen you =D. And yes, your right, BT was created way before trials was.

Comment

rock on, bt was incredibly addictive in ut99, id be keen to whip out a few maps if you get it going!

Comment

Originally posted by Pendulum View Post
                and Xyx. No one ripped off the trials thing in UT2004.
                Never claimed you did! Mistaken identity?

Comment

Originally posted by eckz View Post
                  rock on, bt was incredibly addictive in ut99, id be keen to whip out a few maps if you get it going!
                  Nice! Go check out bunnytracks.com and talk to KaPLaN or Null (people who are into the UT3 Bunnytracks and are devoted to it)

And hell yeah - I used to play it 24/7 and I had admin on "EvilWizards" server. Good times... Untill I got accused of impersonating teh admin, lol. xD (I was the first person everyone accused because of my age. Sad world, lol.) Anyways, I have been a hardcore UT99 BT'er since the dawn of time. =D Capping maverik for the first time was gooood.

Comment

OMFG yes I must have BT. I've been through withdrawls for the past 5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by NFX View Post
                      OMFG yes I must have BT. I've been through withdrawls for the past 5 years.
                      That's quite an addiction to last through 5 years without doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by da ghost View Post
                        That's quite an addiction to last through 5 years without doing it.
                        5 years? Sounds like rehab can't cure his addiction

Comment

if you all want to see what bunny track is then simply go to youtube and type in "ut99 bunny tracks" it is quite different then trials.

and of coarse they are set up in most cases that if you mess up, you die and have to restart over at the spawn room (lol). usually you have many chances at an obstacle in easy maps but in medium and hard maps, there arent as many chances.

and hi durnk

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny View Post
                            There were way to many ****/impossible trial maps out there in 2004, but i did see one or two really amazing/FUN ones....Might give this bunnytracks thing a try after i've made afew WAR or CTF maps.
                            I would make bunnytracks a WAR map; getting through certain parts of the map would count as reaching "objectives" which what WAR is all about.

Comment

Admittedly I didn't explore the online scene when I played UT99 back in the day, but holy hell this sounds fun.

I must have missed out on a lot

Comment

Well a checkpoint system was never implemented because, suprisingly enough, the massive player base for BT didnt have 1 single coder who would code it =P

Comment

Working...
                                X