Weapon balance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weapon balance

I made this pool to gauge current weaponbalance in UT3.

Imagine this:
    You've and an opponent both spawn. Both of you are equally close to the nearest weapon spawn. Actually, weapon spawns, as on this map there's a place where every weapon except for the redeemer has a spawn at (there may or be more spawns for the weapons at another location on the map)

Which weapon would you grab, and why?

This is only used to gauge close combat, of course.

The Stringer just because it's easy or the goo gun. I like the oh **** moment when you hit someone with it on full secondary.

Comment

Impact hammer at least to disorient opponent. One of my favored tactics

Comment

Rockets, insta kill with proper timing (perhaps with multi shot)

Comment

Enhanced Shock Rifle....

...But since that's not a choice, rox ftw ^^

Comment

Link gun, becose it flyes fater now, and it's powerfull. Primary offcourse.

Comment

I'd take the shock because it's pwning real hard - especially that secondary outside of the combos...my top choice would normally be a sniping related weapon because I go for the headshot, but I'd grow old by the time it reloaded for the second shot... ...however if it were med-close range I'd always wanna have my trusty link standing by...oh wait, are we talkin' UT99 or UT3...

Comment

Well if you think about it the flak would be the best as u wud be right next to each other wen u get the weapon so flak can gib them. Rockets would kill u at the same time, stinger although overpowered would still take its time to kill you and the same applies for the other guns it would take too long to kill them compared to the flak.

Comment

nothing more satisfying than pulling that quick aim headshot off on a guy who isn't too far away... sniper baby... every situation

Comment

Considering the scenario, we probably both try to get to that nearest weapon.

Impact hammer seems the best choice here.

Comment

I guess rockets are the favorites so far, based on this thread. Anyone got a scenario that would give people a choice for longer-ranged combat? like having the jump boots?

Comment

Not trying to complain about the poll, but I think the title is a little misleading. I personally wouldn't have named it 'weapon balance' but rather 'best close range weapon'.

Well since this is close combat, ( I am picturing the link alcove in Shang) it would be a toss up between Link, Rox and Flak. With the way weapon damage is across the board, using the Hammer is a last resort for me. Spawn weapon ROF is too slow for anything other than keeping someone at bay really, Sniper ROF is too slow for close combat. Shock secondary is ok but using it like that wouldn't be my first choice (Primary is a little slow for in fighting). Goo is a better midrange weapon imo, secondary charge would take too long. (Again, keeping in mind that your opponent is armed with a good weapon). Stinger spin up puts you at a disadvantage. Flak primary is good, Rox are good but you can inflict self damage. Link is a really nice choice because in a tight corridor it is lethal and you take no self damage.

So the safe choice (imo) is the Link. Second would probably be Rox, then followed by Flak primary.

Comment

My best guess would be the goo, because If I manage to buy enough time to charge it up and focus for that one moment for aiming, I can get an near-to-instant kill. Secondary choise would be rockets, because a tri-pack can be tricky to dodge and they have a high damange output.

Comment

my friends say the weapon damage is balanced.... i don't know tho cus i cant play it

Comment

Decapitate him with the Ripper. Now where did I put that...*rummages in pockets*

Comment

Working...
                              X