Suggestions for a mobo....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestions for a mobo....

I need to decide on a mobo, but I have just alittle experience with them. I need a new one so i can overclock a q6600 g0 when i get one along with a xfx 8800 gts oc (580/900). Any suggestions?

Btw I have friends who can teach me to overclock, but they seems too bias on opinion(fan boys over the 680i). So I need a second opinion or more.

Thanks guys

680i is a real good chipset. Im running on a stiker extreme myself.

Comment

ABIT IP35 Pro
      http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813127030

really good overclocker from what i've heard.

Comment

yep any Ip35 or X38 board

Comment

If it's overclocking you want, then that's DFIs specialty: http://us.dfi.com.tw/Product/xx_prod...D=5277&SITE=US

Comment

the one I'm looking at is the Asus P5N32-E SLI Plus. And I'm looking at upgrading to almost the exact same specs as you. (just getting an evga card instead of xfx!)

This board is based on the 650i chipset though (I don't know if I'll need a 680i running a q6600, 8800gts, and 7600GT). The 680i 'stage up' I might consider is the Asus P5N32-E Sli. (without the Plus.)

Comment

I might be getting a Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L myself.
              http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813128059

Comment

The 680i boards are still full of bugs, u only need one if you're planning to sli which really isn't worth the extra money for the small performance boost u will get

I got the Asus P5K Deluxe, its an all round good very stable card with some very nice features

Comment

Originally posted by FooZ View Post
                  The 680i boards are still full of bugs, u only need one if you're planning to sli which really isn't worth the extra money for the small performance boost u will get

I got the Asus P5K Deluxe, its an all round good very stable card with some very nice features
                  I been seeing alot of bad reviews on newegg on almost all asus p35 boards. Majority says bios is fragile and unstable.

Comment

IMHO there is only 1 motherboard that is stable, reliable, and their tech support is awesome.

Get a ASUS Mothrboard. In the 15 years of of using their motherboards I have only had 2 bad motherboards! They are awsome!!!

Comment

Best boards for over clocking conroes are the ones with p35 chip sets.

Any of the upper end gigabyte, asus or abit boards would do you well.

TC

Comment

I got a Striker Extreme aswell.
                        No experience in building a pc whatsoever, but even a clumsy idiot like me managed to do it in the end.
                        Never even seen someone overclock their system but i wanted to try out myself.
                        And i think my sytem is running fairly well!A E6600 DualCore from 2,4 to 3,4 on aircooling!
                        I was quite amazed how easy it was.

Comment

Before the thread gets yanked, anyone else thinks we should have a off topic sub forum and hardware sub forums here?

Comment

Originally posted by tqz View Post
                            I might be getting a Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L myself.
                            That's the one I'm aiming for too. With Gigabyte's 8800-640 GTS, it'll rock.

Comment

eVGA 680i board is really nice. I've got one.

Comment

Working...
                              X