lighting gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ultron View Post
    I just think the Snipey always has a place. And the sheer amount of Unreal games with the Snipey proves I'm right.
    Seriously, if that would be common thinking on the part of game developers, how could you EVER try new things and elements in successors of a popular game or even enforce long-term changes?

The argument "It's always been there and because Epic always put it in the games, it just HAS to be right" can't be a basis for a proper discussion. Not that the discussion "me like teh lg, snipey sucks big time.." and vice versa would make any sense at all, but still... :P

I can only state that the lg fits the gameplay of all the DM based gametypes in 2k4 much, much more than the sniper rifle ever could. And most of these so called sniper clans and servers with their enhanced uber sniper rifles (like ROF multiplied by 10 and hundrets of bullets ammo) , huge maps and semingly enlarged head hitboxes are no argument for the sniper rifle in 2k4, imo. :P

Not sure about a lg in UT3 though. I admit that the sniper rifle seems to fit the game better, the lg's elegance and grace wouldn't consort well with the general new feeling of carrying 3 more players on your shoulders. (all IMO, this is not supposed to start a movement discussion in here as well, just to make sure...) ;D

Comment

Originally posted by KewlAzMe View Post
      I agree that the LG was a bit "spammy"... but the recharge thing made it a bit more powerful...
      ut99 sniper had a heigher rof and was more spammy. ut2k4 sniper sucked walrus balls

Originally posted by UberBone View Post
      QFT

I couldn't have spent 4 years playing Facing Worlds without it. I started as a sneaky a** sniper, and became very good at it, on the fly too. This dragged me into the game, Face also taught me the joys of combo and the ecstasy of bouncing RL grenades. All hail Face. All hail the Sniper. LG was just wrong.
      if ut99 had the LG you would be here telling how LG was so awesome and how the sniper sucks

Originally posted by brdempsey69 View Post
      That's because it was rarely put into the 2k4 maps by default in the DM mode. The 2k4 Sniper wasn't configured properly, the UT3 Sniper is, therefore it was easy for people to prefer the LG to the 2k4 Sniper because the 2k4 Sniper was so heavily nerfed.
      it would take like a day for a coder to remove the smoke and change the stats of the sniper. Infact i know one person who did this. Yet no one cared about the sniper except in zark. hmmm i wonder why

LG 4 EVA!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Q03 View Post
        While the LG had some nice points it wasn't very good for real sniping. A bright blue bolt coming out of your gun kind of gives away your position. Snipers don't like things that draw attention to themselfs.

If you go to sniper servers you will find they use rifles that have had the smoke effect removed instead of the LG.

noobs... all i can say... campers

Comment

Lightning gun is the same as sniper except it has different animations. In UT2 they did not want people to be able to camp certain places, that could have a reason to introduce the lg, you can easily see where its coming from this way. And because they want to get the old feeling back a bit, they brought back the sniper, but luckily with a trail. Now all they have to do is making headshots harder in UT3 and I'm happy

Comment

How can u guys truly think about erasing the sniper rifle?

Unreal / Tournament, the first games who made the 'Headshot' sound so popular and well known!

I really can't get it, that u r talking about, "It's a close combat game" sure it is, but the Headshot is essentially for UT.

And in my point of view, the LG sucked. Just how it is now, is fine, You have a Beam after every shot so you have a chance to get a clue where the shots come from, and they put down the rate of fire. This is a compromise for everybody. You just got a different feeling with the LG, that's all.

Sure the LIGHTNING was cool, when you hit somebody, but as always, the Snipe Rifle was in Deathmatch or CTF very important.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitgeber View Post

if ut99 had the LG you would be here telling how LG was so awesome and how the sniper sucks

What if UT99 had a railgun?

What if the Unreal series had been a racing game?

What if there was no UT?

Comment

ya ChaosUT luckily filled that void of Rail gun and Sniper with Laser scope and other cool weaps... Looks like it's up to them again... We should be sending our weapon request list to them.

Comment

I liked the sniper in ChaosUT2 , it used a projectile, making it more unique from most of the snipers in games and more challenging to make longrange hits.

Comment

it would take like a day for a coder to remove the smoke and change the stats of the sniper. Infact i know one person who did this. Yet no one cared about the sniper except in zark. hmmm i wonder why

I did that myself right after UT2004 came out and the source code was released, and never looked back.

LOL, I'll bet money against that. Like he had said Sniper was what drew him to UT. The only reason anyone would prefer the LG to the Sniper is because they have less fear of being on the wrong end of the LG than they do the Sniper Rifle, not because it's a better weapon to use.

LG goodbye and good riddance
                    Fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Taboen View Post
                      Lightning gun is the same as sniper except it has different animations. In UT2 they did not want people to be able to camp certain places, that could have a reason to introduce the lg, you can easily see where its coming from this way. And because they want to get the old feeling back a bit, they brought back the sniper, but luckily with a trail. Now all they have to do is making headshots harder in UT3 and I'm happy
                      I don't think it's so identical. If you fire the LG on the ground near a target there can be an electric tendrel that will damage them, like a splash damage almost.

Comment

This is the best sniper yet. Perfect!

Comment

Originally posted by Jocked View Post
                          I can't stop laughing at the people calling a sniper rifle 'out of place' in an Unreal game.
                          There is no reason for UT3 to have two sniper rifles like UT04 did.
                          There's no reason for it not to have both... Epic is like a mean parent who takes away your favorite toy and gives you some other toy to play with... then after you finally get used to liking that toy, they take it away and give the old toy back with some bandaids and superglue on it..

Just give me all my **** toys!

Comment

I prefer the LG over the new sniper rifle. I like the look, the sound and the switch speed better.

Comment

im glad the LG is gone. and though im not a good sniper and always seem to get blasted by them, im glad the sniper is back... its more UT than the LG was.

Comment

sad that LG is gone ... but then again the ut3 sniper gun is just good. And I LOVE the sound it makes

Comment

Working...
                                X