• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lighting gun

i really hope epic brings it back

its one for the good weapons for a sniper

not to mention good for removeing raptors

I don't think it will. It was kind of cool to watch the dead guy have electric convulsions.

Comment

I want to see a weapon model that epic could come up with for this gun, UT3 style =]

Comment

Originally posted by DR SE7EN View Post
        i really hope epic brings it back

its one for the good weapons for a sniper

not to mention good for removeing raptors
        Unfortunately, the development team since the UT2Kx series has been really anti-sniper. Did you know that originally they were actually going to GET RID OF THE SNIPER RIFLE altogether in 2K4??

They must be mostly flagrunners and close-quarters DMers, as the trend is just getting worse I'm sad to say...

Comment

UT has never been a sniper related series though. I've never seen the point of having it in. It isn't a tactical shooter where the sniper has his place. Its a close combat game.

Comment

Originally posted by isp_of_doom View Post
            UT has never been a sniper related series though. I've never seen the point of having it in. It isn't a tactical shooter where the sniper has his place. Its a close combat game.
            Well everbody has their right to their own opinion, but I just have to say that as a long-term UT99 player I wholeheartedly disagree. UT just wouldn't be UT without the rifle - especially CTF (and I could right novels as to why)...that said, the day it's gone, I'm gone...

Comment

While the LG had some nice points it wasn't very good for real sniping. A bright blue bolt coming out of your gun kind of gives away your position. Snipers don't like things that draw attention to themselfs.

If you go to sniper servers you will find they use rifles that have had the smoke effect removed instead of the LG.

Comment

I want a zoom on the shock

A zoom function on the shock, 3rd key, would go a long way in helping me deal with the loss of the lightning gun. Only time will tell. But then again, perhaps a mutator will save me from my loss and make me whole again. UT2004 has some excellent sniping guns out on servers, will not be long before something turns up on UT3. It's all good!

Comment

While I'm not by any means a sniper, I love the inclusion of the sniper rifle. It adds a strong element of tension to a map when you know someone is potentially lining you up for a headshot. Also, it's funny how often you'll see a FFA DM crew group up unofficially in order to take out an annoying sniper.

Comment

Originally posted by oldkawman1 View Post
                    A zoom function on the shock, 3rd key, would go a long way in helping me deal with the loss of the lightning gun.
                    Try this:

setbind [key] fov [zoomfov] | onrelease fov [defaultfov]

Comment

Originally posted by da ghost View Post
                      Try this:

setbind [key] fov [zoomfov] | onrelease fov [defaultfov]

that will be disabled in retail servers guaranteed (as considered a cheat by many)

Comment

I vote the Sniper Rifle stays; and I'm not alone in this...

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=581262

Comment

Originally posted by Sauron View Post
                          that will be disabled in retail servers guaranteed (as considered a cheat by many)
                          anything you can do from the console can't and shouldn't be considered a cheat.

I'm gonna improve upon that bind

setbind [key] fov [zoomfov] | sensitivity [lower]| onrelease fov [defaultfov] | sensitivity [default sens]

unless sensitivity isn't the right command i'm playing too much quake these days.

Comment

im with Ceil. the lg was a hopeless piece of junk that i wish never to see again. the ONLY pleasure i got from the lightning gun was burning necks. nothing else.

also, i think snipers are important, i mean big maps + nothing but close range weapons = no fighting. there are a LOT of people who hate snipers, but i mean, where is the fun without em?

i own a sniper clan, and we say SNIPING MUST STAY!

Comment

Originally posted by da ghost View Post
                              anything you can do from the console can't and shouldn't be considered a cheat.

I'm gonna improve upon that bind

setbind [key] fov [zoomfov] | sensitivity [lower]| onrelease fov [defaultfov] | sensitivity [default sens]

unless sensitivity isn't the right command i'm playing too much quake these days.
                              Sweet-*** bind...gotta go through my old stuff and do some hardcore bind-reform for this, umm, "Rifle"

Comment

Working...
                              X