No announcement yet.

1-Hit Kill Rockets: Good or Bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it hits you in the body dead on then ya. Splash damage doesn't afaik.

Comment

Originally posted by Apathy View Post
      The game was made more "newb" friendly obviously. The real skill in the game is staying alive.. I haven't seen anyone go 20 kills to 0 death, but I do know once you're skilled enough at the game, it'll be possible.

Now you have.

Comment

It's actually easier to do low deathcounts in UT3 than it was in UT99, at least when the playercount goes beyond 8 or so. In UT99, the spam factor just went to insane with all the flying rippers, rocket sixpacks and massively powerful combos. Combine that with the lethal weapon power of UT99, and you were sure to get killed in matter of seconds, unless you were fully stacked.

Comment

IIRC this was one of the issues that split the community- powerful rockets or not? A lot of players like it because they like to get their frag instantly, while others think that you should work for it. I think Epic tried to garner to both types of players by making the rockets powerful, but at the same time increasing the power of the shieldbelt as well. This way, rockets are still powerful, but all players can tolerate it if they have some armor.
          I've had both "Can't believe 1 took him down" frags and "Felt like i had to earn it" frags with the rockets, so i believe that they're pretty balanced. Only time will tell if it will become UT3's shock rifle.
          On another note, can someone from Epic give us an idea of how splash damage is calculated in relation to distance of impact and the player?

Comment

Originally posted by Loddan View Post

Now you have.
            Pfffft.. Doesn't count unless you win

BTW, Very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by da ghost View Post
              On another note, can someone from Epic give us an idea of how splash damage is calculated in relation to distance of impact and the player?
              I doubt it. When someone asked about weapon damage in the dev chat a while back, [Epic] said we'd have to figure it out ourselves, as we always have.

Can't wait for someone to release a "UT3 Bible", myself ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Nacher View Post
                It's actually easier to do low deathcounts in UT3 than it was in UT99, at least when the playercount goes beyond 8 or so. In UT99, the spam factor just went to insane with all the flying rippers, rocket sixpacks and massively powerful combos. Combine that with the lethal weapon power of UT99, and you were sure to get killed in matter of seconds, unless you were fully stacked.
                Yeah UT99 was wayyy more spammy.
                But you also had faster movement and WAY better dodge.

Originally posted by d1k View Post
                Direct hits are very hard to get with rockets. They are pretty much all luck, and they are rockets after all so yes 1 hit kills is about right.

I just wish the splash damage was a little more like 99's. I was a huge rocket ***** in 99, then they nerfed it in 2k3 and 2k4. It now seems like its nerfed even more
                They are NOT pretty much all luck. Not at all.

The rockets splash is fine how they are now. 2 hits really close to the feet kills, 3 if you're a bit more off. That's perfect as it means a good shot with trirockets will kill, as will 1 direct hit with just 1 rocket.

Really I wish direct hit did MORE damage to be better against people with shields, health, armor. :/

Comment

Working...
                X