• Show
Clear All

Upgrading when game release

Hey im gona upgrade this pc around when this game is gonna release

right now I have a

amd 64 3000+
    1024mb of ddr400 ram
    geforce 7900gtx 512mb

I was thinking of getting a new mobo/cpu/ram and upgrade to a dx10 gfx card later when more dx10 game release.

What do you guys think I should get?

your 7900gtx still has plenty life left in it, I wouldnt heave it just yet. DX10 is still not really worth it yet, maybe crysis wil lsay differently but we are yet to see. That card you have now is being bottlenecked.

When I had the 7900gt, AMD 3200+ and 1gb ram I upgraded to AMD X2 5200+ and 2GB DDR2 800 there was a huge difference. And that 7900gtx is way better than the vanilla 7900gt.

I would keep the card and grab a dual core + DDR2 800 ram on a new mobo - That 7900gtx will last you well through to the 9xxx series. U'll be kickin urself if you grab a 8xxx card and the 9xxx's come out in a few months.

Comment

I dunno, I just upgraded to a socket 370 by intel, 466 mhz celeron w/ 512 sdram!!!! it got

freaking voodoo3 set me back 300 bucks, now i cant buy enogh lunch money to play dis game, help plese?

EDIT: get a 680i sli mobo by evga or msi with a core2duo e6600 for the price and oc that **** on stock air as best as you can with some ddr800 mem. video card is fine, you'll see 100x better performance with a dual core setup.

Comment

Thx guys I have one more question... right now I have a 450w power supply do you think it will be enough?

Comment

Originally posted by Fr0st3d_Fl4k3s View Post
          Hey im gona upgrade this pc around when this game is gonna release

right now I have a

amd 64 3000+
          1024mb of ddr400 ram
          geforce 7900gtx 512mb

I was thinking of getting a new mobo/cpu/ram and upgrade to a dx10 gfx card later when more dx10 game release.

What do you guys think I should get?
          Either get a whole new rig OR, get double the RAM (you should have 2GB), get a dual core AMD cpu (single core 3000 too slow) and I don't think your video card has enough horsepower so I would get a 8800 GTS 640MB (or higher) or ATI X1950 XT or higher...good luck!

Comment

been trying 2 upgrade since like 4 months but haven't got the $ lol

Comment

Originally posted by Fr0st3d_Fl4k3s View Post
              Thx guys I have one more question... right now I have a 450w power supply do you think it will be enough?
              If it's okay quality, maybe. See my sig. I just got the 8600GTS, and I'm running a cheap Thermaltake 430 watts. The PSU has been running the game okay. You could just try it and see, then get the bigger PSU if you start to have problems.

Comment

Working...
              X