Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Epic have added new weapons for DM/CFT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    New weapons should be cool.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by hal View Post
    More importantly... what new weapon is needed? How would it function without duplicating an existing weapon?

I'm not saying that it can't be done, just wondering.
    I'm already missing the Chaos Grenade Launcher (CGL), mostly for it's disruptor grenades. They are much more useful for temporarily shutting down vehicles than this impact hammer business.

With the CGL, you could even launch a 'nade up high into the air, and detonate it in front of a Raptor. If you get it close enough, you can cause the Raptor to at least lose it's weapons for a moment, possibly even shut down it's engines and send it crashing to the ground.

Let's see you do that with an impact hammer.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    New weapons would be cool, but it would only cause more balancing problems.

Though id like to see a improved ion painter in UT3 with some cool effects.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Acid gun(goo gun replacement): Secondary fire would just be a ripp off of that gun but liquid so if you miss it splashes like water(splash damage) but doesnt stick around like the goo gun. The primary fire would be like water squirting out of a hose. It would go through ammo real fast so it wouldn't be over powered. When it hits the enemy it would do damage over time plus the contact. hm..No this would just be the goo gun again just a tiny bit different..meh..harder to think up something new. Oh well all the weapons we have seem solid. Just not digging the stinger primary spam in server.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I don't think they need any more weapons in the game... you've got long, short and mid range covered, along with many different scenarios. However, if they had a really great idea then why not try implement it. Remember UT2003/2004 had additional weapons but everyone complained (see a pattern?) and so next game down the line, people are saying, 'hey, where's our new weapons?', Lol.

I'm not saying this would be good in the main game, but it could be a good mutator that changes every weapon.
    Basically everything in standard gameplay revolves around destruction. You should get weapons that are passive (aim of the game is still to kill your opponent though). Some that come to mind:

A slow-mo gun. Basically shooting out bits of the slo mo field. (yes a total rip off, but meh!)
    Sonic boom gun, knocks you back. (with a damage multiplier this could be effective enough to crush someone against a nearby wall)
    A total control weapon - one that enables you to take charge of your opponent, for a short time or until *shrugs* something else happens?
    A respawn gun, that forces the other person to teleport elsewhere in the map at random.
    A weight multiplier gun, capable of adding weight onto yourself or taking it off yourself and grafting it onto your opponent in your target (so you can fall from a height and either deliver a crushing blow to your opponent or take weight off you so you don't die when you fall)
    A speed up gun that makes your opponent move forward quickly (you could force them to run off a cliff)
    A gun that sucks up your opponent enabling you to blast them out wherever you want.
    A gun that remaps the keyboard config, leaving your opponent to re-discover how to manoeuvre forwards/backwards/left/right/jump/fire/lookleft/lookright... everything.
    A gun that directionally alters all colour perceptions in the other players view, ie: look straight ahead then look left and all colours blend into a different colour (kinda like a major acid trip)
    A gun that makes your opponent allergic to a certain texture.

I'll think of more later....

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by da ghost View Post
    That's exactly what they did this time.
    No.

What gun is new to the sires? They might have brought back old school guns and gave them a face lift but no new guns. To tell you the truth, most of the new gun designs look like the Unreal Champion Ship 2 versions.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    sonic impact called be the alt fire yeah

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The issue with new guns is the numbers, we already got a bunch of guns at 0, I use other keys for guns so I could have a bunch more, but most still use 0-9.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Mr._>X<_ View Post
    new guns in place of some old ones.
    That's exactly what they did this time.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Something i just though of that might be a cool alternative/partner to the impact hammer. A silver metallic gun with glowing aqua blue lights and 4spider like legs with sharpened blades coming out, 2 either side of the centre 'barrel'. This gun charges up like the impact hammer, but when you release it a powerful 'sonic burst' is released. This burst throws people backwards a fair distance. If your health is 50 or less and someone hits you with the sonic burst, you get ragdoll thrown against the wall/floor a fair distance. This should take off a bit more health. You will be stunned for 2 - 3 seconds just lying there, in which time the player can either finish you off with a normal weapon, or for the ultimate humiliation, use the secondry fire on the sonic gun. Walk up the the player you just threw with the gun and press seoncdry fire. The two lowest metal legs will slam themselves deep into/through the ragdolls body, then you can move around with the ragdolled player on your gun. He will die from his wounds within 5 seconds if you leave him on your gun, or if you switch weapons. However, with another secondry click while he is impaled there, the top two blades will slice together and chop his head off. All the razor legs will then retract back into the gun.

How cool would that be?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    TBH they should have the grenade launcher that is in 2k4 as a start off weapon or have a separate key to through and detonate them.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by UrFatMom View Post
    I think that they should add the ripper for all game types...
    that weapon must have been nice cus i see some people still talking about it :|

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Chromatik View Post
    Yes, Epic should add a gun that fires shuriken like saw blades the ricochet of of walls and decapitate an enemy if you manage to hit them in the neck. Secondary fire should bounce the enemy around and be capable of splash damage.

But what will we will call it?

The Shredder?
    The Cutter?
    The Slicer?
    The Tear-er!
    The Ripp... meh that wouldn't work

You guys have any ideas????
    This mystery gun FTW!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yes, Epic should add a gun that fires shuriken like saw blades the ricochet of of walls and decapitate an enemy if you manage to hit them in the neck. Secondary fire should bounce the enemy around and be capable of splash damage.

But what will we will call it?

The Shredder?
    The Cutter?
    The Slicer?
    The Tear-er!
    The Ripp... meh that wouldn't work

You guys have any ideas????

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Loki View Post
    You could have errm,

A weapon that effects shield only and not health.
    One that slows opponents movement speed for a short time, or disables their ability to dodge.

Cant think of any others atm, heh, thou these are more utility weapons, not sure how they would work in game balance but would be fun to try.
    That's not really a weapon then... More like a trap or a negative power up.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X