Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Epic have added new weapons for DM/CFT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should Epic have added new weapons for DM/CFT?

Do you guys/gals think Epic should have added to our weapon library for the 3rd installment of UT?

I think Epic should have added at least one new fire arm into the mix. It seems like Warfare players have gotten all the new goodies(Necris stuff). I play DM,LMS and CFT and I feel a little left out. Don't get me wrong, I love the game and the new feel to the old guns but I cant help but feel the game would have been that much better with some new weapons at our disposal. You are telling me the Nerics invaded and with all these cools new vehicles and didn't bring a signal gun?

I guess I will need to take out my frustrations with the sniper rifle and damage amplifier combo.

Let me know what you guys/gals think.

I think that they should add the ripper for all game types...

Comment

I kind of agree with you. The old weapons from UT2004 rocked, they still do, but some new ones would never hurt the feeling in those game modes. I love the addons to the vehicles though. Bad thing is my poor PC...

Comment

UT has had almost the exact same weapons from UT99 to 2K3 to 2K4 and now to UT3...

Yes, a great new non-vehicular weapon would be welcome...

Comment

I've sided largely with the "it's great because it's like UT99" crowd, but i think since this IS the third iteration of the series it really was time for some NEW NEW weapons. I can't complain much, but one or two new weapons were probably in order. I definitely wouldn't want them to REPLACE anything they've got already though.

Comment

If you want new weapons, wait for the mods.

Comment

In my opinion, UT is the only shooter game (series) with the right mix of weapons.

Comment

I was expecting a new weapon or two

Comment

Can never have enough guns, heh, personally i would like all the guns from all the UT series or even some new ones, ofc i would like their to be a standard set up selection, but theirs no reason this shouldnt be done, i just guessing its either Epics choice or a Development time constraint, at least we can mod and mutate.

Comment

More importantly... what new weapon is needed? How would it function without duplicating an existing weapon?

I'm not saying that it can't be done, just wondering.

Comment

I voted for more guns, but I agree with Hal... what else is there besides variations on the classics.

I wouldn't mind the Ripper, as long as mappers used it very selectively.

Comment

I don't think it would have killed them to come up with some new cool weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by hal View Post
                          More importantly... what new weapon is needed? How would it function without duplicating an existing weapon?

You could have errm,

A weapon that effects shield only and not health.
                          One that slows opponents movement speed for a short time, or disables their ability to dodge.

Cant think of any others atm, heh, thou these are more utility weapons, not sure how they would work in game balance but would be fun to try.

Comment

Originally posted by hal View Post

I can not think of one at the moment. If you look at other games you will see there is always a new ways to kill people. Resistance:Fall of man had some great weapons in it. One of my favorites being hedgehog grenades. I'm sure we could come up with some Nercis weapons that could coincide with Axon weapons just like the vehicles in UT3.

By the way, I'm not saying we need to still weapons from other games. I'm merely stating that there can be original weapons added to increase ways to kill your opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by Loki View Post
                              You could have errm,

A weapon that effects shield only and not health.
                              One that slows opponents movement speed for a short time, or disables their ability to dodge.

Cant think of any others atm, heh, thou these are more utility weapons, not sure how they would work in game balance but would be fun to try.
                              That's not really a weapon then... More like a trap or a negative power up.

Comment

Working...
                              X