HIGH framerates , LOW settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HIGH framerates , LOW settings

I want to get a new PC wich will run this game , i don't care about highest detail graphics , but i do care about A LOT of cpu power for online play and 1280x1024 rezolution.
    So i was thinking AMD64 X2 5000+ (2,6 Ghz / core) , 2 GB ddr2 , 8600GT on a dual channel AM2 mainboard.
    I hope i'll get at least 60-70-80 fps with lowest settings in that resolution , screen percentage 100% , right? :P (no matter how many players i look at in one scene...5...6...10) . I'm asking this because this game seems to be very cpu sensitive when having a lot of players on a map (regardless of the video settings).

What you spec'd is certainly fine to play the game at 1280x1024 but if you are expecting to get 70fps i think you are going to be disappointed. Your hardware you spec'd can be bought pretty cheaply, if you could perhaps upgrade to a X2 6000 and a 8800gts would would attain those fps or above. (As usual though please take all posts to threads with a grain of salt, this only my opinion, your results could be better or worse)

TC

Comment

Originally posted by Overhitor View Post
      I want to get a new PC wich will run this game , i don't care about highest detail graphics , but i do care about A LOT of cpu power for online play and 1280x1024 rezolution.
      So i was thinking AMD64 X2 5000+ (2,6 Ghz / core) , 2 GB ddr2 , 8600GT on a dual channel AM2 mainboard.
      I hope i'll get at least 60-70-80 fps with lowest settings in that resolution , screen percentage 100% , right? :P (no matter how many players i look at in one scene...5...6...10) . I'm asking this because this game seems to be very cpu sensitive when having a lot of players on a map (regardless of the video settings).
      As you can see from my sig, I have a configuration like the one u wanna buy.

Well,with my system I always (even with the LOWEST SETTINGS) get low fps (~40) on certain points of shangrila.
      U defenitely need an 8800gts card at least.

Comment

Yeah, there's a good chance you could get 50-60 fps at that res on lowest in the final game, but it probably depends on the map and how many players are playing. The big question is why did you buy an AM2 system, when Core 2 CPUs are much faster right now if you care so much about CPU speed.

Comment

Interesting points of view , i might say , i go for the AMD processor because i found it to be faster than the Intel processor of the same price , the Core2Duo E4400 (2 Ghz / core) .
          AMD more gigaherts and higher FSB (AMD=1000Mhz , Intel = 800Mhz) ... does that not make the AMD a better solution ? Of course the Intel has more cache....... But i still think X2 5000+ beats an E4400. They are the same price in Romania where i live :P.
          (Sad to hear that the 8600GT can't really get around 70-80 Fps all the time with lowest)

Comment

Originally posted by Overhitor View Post
            Interesting points of view , i might say , i go for the AMD processor because i found it to be faster than the Intel processor of the same price , the Core2Duo E4400 (2 Ghz / core) .
            AMD more gigaherts and higher FSB (AMD=1000Mhz , Intel = 800Mhz) ... does that not make the AMD a better solution ? Of course the Intel has more cache....... But i still think X2 5000+ beats an E4400. They are the same price in Romania where i live :P.
            (Sad to hear that the 8600GT can't really get around 70-80 Fps all the time with lowest)
            The difference in gHz between two different processors with different archtecture. Cannot be a basis to see wich one is faster!

Benchmarks are a better tool te see wich processor is faster.

The 8600 is not really a GFX card for gaming. Its better used as an accelleration of HD-content. As a direct X 10 card it's a laugh, its to weak to preform in direct x 10. As a direct x 9 card you are better of with a mid-highend card of the previous generation. It will be a lot faster and it goes for about the same price.

If you are planning on playing direct x 10 games the ATI 2900 or geforce 8800 GTS are the cards you would want to use.

Comment

Working...
            X