Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone unhappy with the bots?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Is anyone unhappy with the bots?

    I've been playing Inhuman bots for some time now and I have a couple complaints:
    • How come when the enemy team moves in a group, they all shoot at the first thing that comes up no matter what direction they're facing. But when your bots are covering you and you find the enemy, how come they don't move or shoot if they are looking at you and not the enemy?
    • Is it just me or do the enemy bots see you as a higher priority on their "To kill" list? I don't remember one time when a team bot died before I did when we were moving in a group.


    It's not that I suck hard at this game (though I'm not good either), it just seems like whenever I try to keep my team together these two issues keep popping up.

    Has anyone else had these problems or am I crazy?

    #2
    I havent played TDM much so i wouldnt know about that but in just plain deathmatch the AI for inhuman is fantastic

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Mardok View Post
      How come when the enemy team moves in a group, they all shoot at the first thing that comes up no matter what direction they're facing. But when your bots are covering you and you find the enemy, how come they don't move or shoot if they are looking at you and not the enemy?
      Oh god... is that **** still in? I complained about the "cover me" behavior last time out, I hope it's not true that nobody listened. That was the absolute worst.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Mardok View Post
        I've been playing Inhuman bots for some time now and I have a couple complaints:
        • How come when the enemy team moves in a group, they all shoot at the first thing that comes up no matter what direction they're facing. But when your bots are covering you and you find the enemy, how come they don't move or shoot if they are looking at you and not the enemy?
        • Is it just me or do the enemy bots see you as a higher priority on their "To kill" list? I don't remember one time when a team bot died before I did when we were moving in a group.
        It's not that I suck hard at this game (though I'm not good either), it just seems like whenever I try to keep my team together these two issues keep popping up.

        Has anyone else had these problems or am I crazy?
        In response to both your comments
        • 1: I like that, keeps the action going.. constant battle, no pointless chasing.. but i have got a bot off guard with his back turned
        • 2:No they dont.. I'v been in the middle of a fight between an enemy and my bot buddies
        And I like the team work.. i have all my bots cover me.. so what's the difference?

        Comment


          #5
          I like the bots, there is room for improvement, this is the first UT I've really tested the AI out.

          I have noticed that they can aim for you (being the only human player), but it hasn't really bothered me.

          The thing that does bother me:
          The only bots who have a brain are the Godlike bots. Every other difficulty level of bot seem too dim... ie.
          I have the shock rifle. My opponent just ran into that dead-end tunnel. In 4 seconds he will come out again. Oh well, I'd better go in with my shock rifle.

          My point is, instead of just throwing a simple stationary shock combo at the tunnel they'll go in knowing its hard to hit people at close range with a shock rifle.

          Godlike is the only difficulty they seem to be intelligent and think things through.

          imo Adept (the third lowest difficulty?) bots should be able to think for themselves, just not be able to execute more complex jump moves (ie, dodge invisibility in HeatRay from the other elevated room opposite it.) and not be able to aim so well.

          Anyhow, a bit ranty (soz), but hopefully its interested some poor bored ******.

          Comment


            #6
            I do think they all should have their driver’s license revoked. Their menace to society a danger to themselves and others.

            Comment


              #7
              I am unhappy with the bots. Particularly because I observe the same shortcomings I observed in UT2004 and no improvements, despite Epic's claims of improvement. Bots still have the nasty habits of singling out the player, playing by different rules on lower skills and noticeably faking (in)accuracy.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Xyx View Post
                I am unhappy with the bots. Particularly because I observe the same shortcomings I observed in UT2004 and no improvements, despite Epic's claims of improvement. Bots still have the nasty habits of singling out the player, playing by different rules on lower skills and noticeably faking (in)accuracy.
                QFT, I'm not happy with them at all.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Yeah, the bots suck ! They can't drive a vehicle for more than 15 seconds correctly. I used the UT3 Benchmark tool to spectate bots, O M G W T F B B Q ! Their paths are SO OBVIOUS, on lower difficulties, they seem to avoid powerups and leave vehicles on purpose for no reason.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    I like the bots, i manages to tow them with the flag on suspence they dont use the darkwalker on heatray properly.. they dont crouch so they walk into the overheads when trying to get into the other areas

                    Comment


                      #11
                      possibly the full programming and AI levels will come with the full game? just a suggestion...

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by iron12 View Post
                        I do think they all should have their driver’s license revoked. Their menace to society a danger to themselves and others.
                        Who? Teenagers or Old People?

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Madmanxan View Post
                          possibly the full programming and AI levels will come with the full game? just a suggestion...
                          Unless the AI team is in serious crunch mode, I doubt there will be a difference. DLL files aren't big, there's no reason they wouldn't be in the demo.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            ^yeah maybe, who knows apart from epic, we'll have to wait and see i spose

                            Comment


                              #15
                              always have hated bots, always will if they keep having bs shots! !!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X