Anyone else like the SPMA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Ca you still push the SPMA in the Raptor? In UT2004 the quickest way to take one out was to flip it over in the Raptor, then it only takes one hit to kill it (same with all overturned vehicles), but I imagine its firmly rooted now. Suspense is a bit too hectic of a map to fly at low altitude for long, so I haven't tried it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I hated the 2k4 SPMA, thought it was just junk. I actually like the new one, at least on this map. It does real damage now for one thing, and for another it's very useful for keeping the other team off of the bridge platform on their side; which in turn means keeping them from getting a lot of avrils and also cutting down on sniping. It's only good at higher playercounts though IMO.

Also, the spotter shell does crazy damage when used as a weapon. I've shot down raptors and been shot down in turn by them, it's crazy fun. XD

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by musilowski View Post
    And what about a possibility to shoot the clusterbombs almost horizontally, without the camera? Would it break the gameplay?
    You'd suffer one hell of a recoil kick without those stabilizers deployed. That should balance it out.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Regarding where to place it: I like to drive it to the area on the side of the flag building where you got the dirt hill and two "crates" (or whatever they are) and stay around there behind the fence. Just touching the mountains.

You get a nice shot at snipers in the towers (both high and low spots), you can see if stuff is coming from up the hill by the lower bridge area, and you can shoot right at your flag at would-be flag grabbers. You can get a nice view of your whole base area.

Mantas and raptors are still your biggest nemesis... :/

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think its brilliant, though the bridge gets in the way most of the time. :\

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If i every shot releases 2 waves of proyectiles instead of 1?

(oh my god, me making a suggectsion!!)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Make it stronger and more useful, then I'll like it.

And what about a possibility to shoot the clusterbombs almost horizontally, without the camera? Would it break the gameplay?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I liked the spma from ut2k4.
    Where you could drive fast and fire the primary at players. THat was a lot of fun.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I took a harrasing raptor down with the camera shot and i felt happy

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The sweet spot appears to be behind the flag building. You can just hit the Berserk pickup from there and you have a free shot at the "plaza". Not much of a sweet spot, but at least you're shielded by the building.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think the usefulness of the SPMA all depends on the map. I've had maps where I can't hit **** and others where it's the most deadly.

I don't think it's all that great on Suspence since there's a bunch of obstacles in your way, like the towers on the bridge. I haven't found a sweet spot for it yet on that particular map because I haven't messed around with it all that much.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I like the SPMA parked on my flag.

But seriously... I like some of the things Epic has done with it. Halftrack theme is cool, mouse aim is nice... it just needs some real actual range to be useful. My Link Gun has a better range than this supposed long range spammer vehicle.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Anyone else like the SPMA?

Anyone else like the SPMA?

I never really installed the bonus vehicles on UT2004, so this was new for me. I've been fiddling with this thing on the map, using it for defensive means and it's quite fun. I've fragged many attempted flag grabbers.

Only thing I kinda dislike is the line is sometimes unclear where you're going to hit. Maybe highlighting the ground better would be in order.
Working...
X