Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what visual features is the demo missing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what visual features is the demo missing?

I know the demo is running at a reduced quality, but I'm wondering what are the features we're actually missing?

Is it just increased texture resolution? Or have other things been disabled too? There doesn't seem to be a lot in the way of shadows, and I can't say I've noticed much dynamic lighting (though it's obviously in there to some degree).

Is the difference between what we're seeing now and what we'll see on release significant, or just a case of sharper textures with multisampling support?

when the final game comes out, you will have the option to see ir even better only if you have a good computer.

I think, the game should be seen like this, with a decent rig:

http://gamevideos.com/video/id/15624

taken from the ps3 version

Comment

Both of the detail sliders stop gettiing prettier at 3, while it actually goes up to 5
      The full game is supposed to be 8 gigs or so. This is a 741 meg Beta demo.. I'm sure a lot more than texture quality and world geometry is missing.

Comment

Well that's what I'm expecting, but I'm wondering if anyone knows specifics. For example, if anyone could say "Well currently the environments are only using baked lightmaps, but the full release will have dynamic soft shadows for environments". Assuming of course that someone knows what is missing

Comment

Working...
        X