Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Armour...

Hi, just a couple questions about the armour;

Are there any other armour except for the helmet and vest and, and do they guard specifically against shots to the head and chest?

Also, having the armour level reach its peak at 170 (belt=100, vest=50, helmet=20), seems to me just a little bit odd. Shouldn't they have it peak at 199, like the health? Or am I missing something?

There's also the thighpads for 30. You can find those at the back of the base by the cable anchors on VCTF-Suspense.

I heard a rumor that the helmet will prevent a headshot but I'm not sure if it's working/ really like that/ whatever. Other than headshots, there's no locational damage so thighpads protect against all enemy fire regardless. Same for vest and belt.

Comment

Helmet absorbs absolutely every point of damage from a headshot, even if it's just got one point of armour left. And it sucks -_-

Comment

There's also the Shieldbelt, which absorbs up 100 points of damage, completely protecting health until it is used up.

Comment

belt absorbs 100 damage, helmet absorbs 20 damage. (they act as extra health)

vials add up to 199, armor to 200.

Comment

hmm.., So vials act as armour now do they?

Kind of makes you wonder what the difference is between armour and health in the first place...

EDIT: Not the green ones anyway... Can you tell me how to get to them in Shangrila?

Also, if the helmet gaurds against all shots to the head, surely the vest and the shin-pads should do likewise with their respective body-parts?

Comment

Originally posted by Patarak View Post
              Also, if the helmet gaurds against all shots to the head, surely the vest and the shin-pads should do likewise with their respective body-parts?
              And they do. The thing is, the only bodyparts that are registered with hits are Body + head. So vest + shin pads protect the body. Helmet protects head + body.

Comment

Thats... Wierd... That needs fixing methinks...

Comment

Originally posted by Patarak View Post
                  Thats... Wierd... That needs fixing methinks...
                  Nah. I've played games with locational damage and they always end up kind of screwy in one way or another. Sometimes it works sort of OK for realism shooters but I at least don't see the need for it here.

Comment

Vest, pads, helmet and shield all just absorb damage. UT isn't picky about which armor type to use for hits to a certain body part. The helmet only has the additional effect of entirely nullifying a single headshot. That's not really armor damage absorbtion but a special feature.

Comment

Health can go up to 199 with Vials and Big Kegs O' Health
                      Armor can go up to 200 with Shieldbelt, Plate, Thigh Pads and Helmet.

The shield belt takes damage instead of your health.
                      Plate, Thighs and Helmet take percentages of damage
                      Helmet provides 20 Armour Points or 1 headshot nullification. whichever comes first

Comment

Working...
                      X