• Show
Clear All

How to max out FPS

System specs:
    AMD Athlon™ 64 FX-55
    Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe NForce4 chipset Mother Board
    Two Nivida 8600GTS
    2GB DDR 400MHz

I edited the ini to uncap FPS and did all the other stuff I read in another thread. The "GFX without Lego Land" tweak. I get 210fps in the menu. But when the game starts, and I over look an entire map (especially in the Vehicle CTF)... I get like 40fps.

I was wondering what I can do (software wise) to perhaps keep that at or above 60 fps. It messes with my combos when it drops suddenly to 40 from 80. Oh, I currently run 800 X 600 res.

I know upgrading my hardware might help. I just don't have that kind of money (especially after buying the rig I have now). Can anyone help?

And, do you think they will release (or someone will make) an OpenGL Driver for UT3?

yeah... i got a nvidia geforce EVGA 8600 GTS 512 mb of video ram AMD athlon X2 3800 and 1.5 gigs of ram and run it on a resolution 1280 x 1024 with a FPS of 50 lowest droped was 40 in a huge vehicle fight.

Comment

I guess that's the norm though. Most of the people I've talked to (who have crappier rigs than me), have the same issues. 40 isn't bad... so I'm not really complaining.. but if I could keep a solid 60 fps or above, the game play would be much smoother.

I don't know. For some reason, I think if OpenGL driver comes out, I won't have this problem.

Comment

Working...
      X