OMG What happened?!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG What happened?!!

What Happened? Epic might have just struck gold.

I must simply commend Epic for their hard work in this new game. I feel that the movement is much improved vs UT2k3,2k4. The elimination of the dodge jump, shield gun, and lightning gun, for example, have proved to be extremely effective in increasing the intensity of the gameplay.

Many people might criticize these deductions, but I know many, many more who are grateful for them. Though you have only released a beta demo thus far, and though it has bugs and such(bad UI, etc), that can be fixed for the retail release and I know that Epic has been good at patch releases after the retail release as well. Glad those at Epic finally realized that looking back to their original, most successful release, Unreal Tournament, and implementing the great things about that game, was the best thing to do in order to make UT3 the first TRUE sequel to our favorite FPS.

Thanks Epic!

Its good to see posts that aren't "Fix This!', 'This Game is TeH Suxors', etc.

Bottom line, this is a good game. I really cannot wait to play more of the maps.

Comment

Originally posted by isp_of_doom View Post
      Its good to see posts that aren't "Fix This!', 'This Game is TeH Suxors', etc.

Bottom line, this is a good game. I really cannot wait to play more of the maps.
      Ditto. I'm really looking forward to seeing all the new maps. If the demo is anything to go by we're in for a solid roster of great maps.

Comment

I, also, LOVE the demo, and i cant wait to play the other games types and see what suprises epic has for us

Comment

nice refreshing thread m8,instead of all the fan boy bulls*it!
          this game is gonna kick ***!

Comment

This Should Be Called Ut2, 2k3/2k4 Were Blowouts And None Of The Oldschoolers Liked Them.

Thank You For Bringing Us The Perfect Followthrough To Ut99!

Comment

Best thread ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Neurotek View Post
                This Should Be Called Ut2, 2k3/2k4 Were Blowouts And None Of The Oldschoolers Liked Them.

Thank You For Bringing Us The Perfect Followthrough To Ut99!
                I agree ut99 was great(and still is).........but it had little competition except quake(which was grounded..no trans)now there are plenty of fps games to compete with unreal....ut99 kinda had a cult following......It was a L33t game for peeps who were more toward the pro level.2003 was botched.so they released 2004............kind of like microsoft did with (microsoft ME) they released XP...............You will find out that unreal will fail in the console arena(to many halo/army type of fans) ...The apeal of unreal was that it was a l33t game......with better movment ,that required skill and aim,and movement............people just don't understand that all the basics are covered by other games..........the movment and weapon switching was what made utk4 different..........just wait untill some console gamer who spent 500 bills on a top of the line console is owning you...........even though you prob spent a few grand on your pc...........lolz

Comment

Originally posted by hypersteveO View Post
                  .........just wait untill some console gamer who spent 500 bills on a top of the line console is owning you...........
                  This is a joke, right? It's amazing that some folks think the console players and their gamepads will be able to beat out the PC players with their optical mice and keyboards.

Anyhoo, obviously I agree with the original poster. I just hope that Epic gets the User Interface menus and the Server Browser fixed in time for the gold copy. I'm also hoping they bring back the Throw Weapon command.

Comment

I agree. Epic did an awesome job!

Comment

Originally posted by hypersteveO View Post
                      ...just wait untill some console gamer who spent 500 bills on a top of the line console is owning you...........even though you prob spent a few grand on your pc...........lolz
                      So spending more money should automatically entitle you to being better?

Also, you may want to review the purpose and usage of commas and periods.

Originally posted by Sourpuss View Post
                      This is a joke, right? It's amazing that some folks think the console players and their gamepads will be able to beat out the PC players with their optical mice and keyboards.
                      Agreed.

Well done Epic, this game is bringing me back to UT, which 2k3/4 failed to do

Comment

Working...
                      X