**** Graphics, Now what???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

**** Graphics, Now what???

When i started the demo of UT3, and started a DM game, all the graphics shocked me, it was like the old duke nukem 3d graphics
    And i couldnt change this at the video options tab.

How do i get the video higher, im sure my computer can handle it!!!

Under "Advanced Video Settings," make your screen percentage slider is set to 100%.

Comment

Use the search button on the forums, that's what it's there for

Comment

Settings ----> Video

There is also an advanced button at the bottom. Make sure you set the right resolution.

Comment

thanks guys, but for some reason it is not saving it.
          If i set everything on highest, world detail and textures, it doesnt save the configuration.
          Becouse after it its still duke nukem 3d like graphics

Comment

Hm... My settings are pretty close to the lowest and UT3 looks nothing like Duke Nukem 3D. Perhaps you downloaded the Duke Nukem 3D demo by mistake? (Hint: it the opposing characters only have 4 or 5 sprite animations to them and you see an enemy that looks like a pig but is dressed as a cop, you are playing the wrong game).

Felon

Comment

borgqueenx

When you selected 5 on your slider did you click esc or back or did you push the accept button? You need to push the accept button. Also when you go back to advanced are the sliders still on 5 or did they move? Also I thought I remember reading somewhere that 5 is not really diff then 3 for some reason.

Second you know it's not duke nukem graphics but yes I have to agree that I don't think the graphics in the game are looking that good at the moment, the reason why is because the textures for this game have been scaled down for the demo, also there is a way in the ini to remove that fog and blurriness and clear up the screen, sorry I don't remember what setting it is but it does make it look better.

The bottom line is, I think and hope that ut3 will look like the screen shots they have given us in the final version, in fact they have said that not even the best rig available today can handle the maxed out settings at a good framerate. That is saying a lot because people are maxing out the demo and getting above 100 fps on some rigs.

So I expect the game will look very good in final release, that is if you have the proper rig to run it.

Comment

What resolution are you running at? And what are your specs?

Comment

Working...
                X