Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by rhiridflaidd View Post
    and handbrake (duck) to spin on a dime in a hellbender or scorpion.
    I don't like having the handbrake bound to a different key than jump. Crouch is just not a key I am used to pressing while driving. It's not something I'm used to pressing in UT at all, so it's bound to a rather out of the way key. I'd much rather see it bound to jump like it was before. Boost is something I don't do quite as much of, and would be fine with my bindings.

I know I can change keybindings, but I would like to leave jump where it it, and have it be the same key as handbrake. Is it possible to get different configs for vehicle and foot control? Maybe I just missed it.

Originally posted by luseferous
    I have only two game play issues, one I can live with is the flak trajectory.
    I really don't like the flak trajectory myself. I wish it went where you were aiming. I'd rather aim up a little than have it fly some unmarked angle distance above my crosshair.

Both of these could be configured, Hoping Consoleitis and its attendant lack of configurability don't bite here.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by da ghost View Post
    Wrong developer, lol.
    heh.. yep.. got wow on the brain.. played that stupid game toooooo long. Thank god UT3 is almost here.

Still tho.. fix the UI.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by y0nki View Post
    The game needs better crosshairs. In UT2k4 you could choose from all kinds of crosshairs. UT3 crosshairs are too big.
    Well, if UT/2k3/2k4 are any example, customs will be allowed in the full game, so you can **** well bet I'll be hammering on mine to update to UT3

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Draco View Post
    10. the hell bender MUST be fixed as well, the rear turret on the hell bender is weak, for the hell bender to be what it was, a true strategic vehicle, something worth the space in the map, you must reinstate the old gun. A gun in which you could charge to create extra damage.
    The hellbender turret still charges, it just does it automatically. The first shot does 100(?) damage, subsequent shots do less damage, I think the recharge takes about 4 seconds. So if you shoot at a raptor leaving four second intervals between shots, it will be destroyed in 3 shots (assuming you hit of course). If you simply hold down the fire button it will take many more shots to destroy it.

What the turret really needs is a charge bar indicating the current 'power' level of the turret. Then it will be the same as before except for the auto-charging & reduced damage.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have only two game play issues, one I can live with is the flak trajectory.

The other which seems to get worse by the day is Stinger primary over longer distances vs infantry. This not a DM issue as the distances are not that great but on larger and more open maps this thing is so overpowered its a bad joke.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Honestly there's nothing wrong wit hth e control of the vehichles. Tap turns if you want to turn slower and handbrake (duck) to spin on a dime in a hellbender or scorpion. It's just practice. But those with controllers will give us PC types a very very hard time, I wouldn't be at all surprised with the excellent control they'll have.

p.s. as for the interface, I reckon we'll be using x-fire or such like to join servers directly and bypassing the whole ingame server browser. I agree- the silence is deafening

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by zenwretch View Post
    I'd like to think there is a bloody civil war raging right now inside of Blizz headquarters...
    Wrong developer, lol.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Don't add holy **** and flak *****... those are so cheezy only a 12 year old would care about them.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by [.Levi*711.] View Post
    i agree the demo browser is pretty mess but i doubt they ll leave it in full rls
    I wouldn't be so sure, based on Epic's total non-response in their own UI stickied thread over in the Beta Demo forum.

Almost 700 posts there and not a single response from Epic, outside of the one where Mark pretty much just says "no flaming please". That's it. When asked directly if this is the real UI or just a placeholder for the demo.... no response.

I think they're afraid to respond to the thread cus they know the UI is total ****, but can't or won't change it, for unknown business reasons, no doubt. I dunno... Sony or MS want the console interface and PC interface the same... gamespy pregrammers actually did the server browser... or something.

Is it possible for mod programmers to modify the UI? I have a feeling this really is the interface we're getting, and the community will have to write their own interface if we want one half as comprehensive as the old UTs we're used to. I have no ability to program, but I'd offer my art and design skills if such a project were undertaken. I can't stand to see this interface on the PC UT.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i agree the demo browser is pretty mess but i doubt they ll leave it in full rls. also i d welcome if i can see and copy the ip of the server so i can post it to friends if i wanna play with them

rocket is fine and it certainly doesnt need to be more powerful...flak is ok as well altho im not sure about the secondary as it idd seems like to shoot from ur head rather then gun

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The whole pre-game interface needs to be redone ... the server browser like everyone is saying, but just as important to me is the preferences screens. This UI is obviously the one built for consoles... I'm amazed they tacked the same one on to UT3 for PC.

I mean, isn't this their baby? Really now, something doesn't add up.

I'd like to think there is a bloody civil war raging right now inside of Epic headquarters... on one side are the programmers and artists, the guys who actually play the game, that are pushing to make a browser and prefs UI that has everything and the kitchen sink in it, allowing us to change all of the relevant setting that are in the .ini files even, all wound up in a slick, easy-to-use interface.

On the other side are the 'suits', (who don't play games, but bought their son's Halo 3) who are more concerned with $ony and M$'s bottom line than the actual game, explaining in legalese why they must keep the console and PC versions of UT as identical as possible, or el$e. Well, the $uits $ign their paycheck$, so the programmers caved in...

...or, did they?

(next paragraph spoken in a whisper)
    In reality, unbeknownst to the $uits, this console interface on PC is set to expire on November 19th, 2007, and replace itself with a hawt, and I mean HAWT, UI with more than 1000 new settings and features. All the .ini settings with tooltips explaining what they each do. A MP3 player that lets you create song playlists for each map and gametype. A prefs screen with so many options that, if viewed on a 720x480 television monitor becomes an indecipherably tiny garble of text, buttons, and sliders. A server browser that actually, umm.... works.

Well, a man can dream, can't he?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    14. old award announcements should be reinstated…go all the way up to holy ***** again, and put flak monkey, and combo ***** back in.
    I agree with everything in the OP, some to a greater extent than others, except for this one. Holy **** and whatnot is absolutely lame and you've got other weapon-specific announcements now that do the job just fine.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    give us the original MO MO MO MONSTERKILL KILL KILL KILL ... instead of the poor "monsterkill" we got now

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by KillBait! View Post
    Not being able to park vehicles over of very near to the flags in VCTF!! .. seems to be getting more common now!!
    It's a tactic, one that both teams are free to employ. As people learn a successful tactic, it becomes more common. Then people learn to counter that tactic.

5. the “Buddies” or “friends” system must be fixed – the way it stands now, it is far far to much of a hassle to add some one
    You can add buddies? How about server favorites? These options are so nonintuitive(unintuitive?) that I didn't even realize they were in the game.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    #9: I don't think tank splash should be instant-kill, but def lots of damage, & either a push or a knock-down (like being knocked down from the hoverboard). I'd prefer to have a larger splash radius.

IMHO, the other vehicle weapons should be tweakable via a mutator.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X