14 issues with ut3 that i have found many people to have...please read epic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

14 issues with ut3 that i have found many people to have...please read epic

These seem to be the 14 biggest complaints from everyone including my self. This list does not include such things that have been stated will not be “changed”

Ok, here is a run down

1. server browser must be fixed. (the feel of the whole thing is off, it feels very clumsy)

2. server browser must list servers correctly in order of ping (low to high)

3. server browser must have the ability to show who is playing in that server without having to join the server.

4. server browser must have a favorite’s list, and make it easy to add “favorite servers” to a running list for future reference.

5. the “Buddies” or “friends” system must be fixed – the way it stands now, it is far far to much of a hassle to add some one

6. while in game, and in the server browser you must have the ability to easily right click some ones name and simply add them to you buddies list that way.

7. the Buddies list must be moved back into the server browser to make for easier “toggling” back and forth between server browser and friends when deciding where to go play

8. the flak cannon really needs to be fixed…primarily secondary flak. For some reason the ark of it has been changed along with its “spam” and I have talked to countless people about the flak, and they absolutely hate the way it is right now…the ark on secondary flak is just too high, too awkward to use. (not to mention I saw a thread on these forums a few days back that about 72% of the people were unhappy with the current flak…that should be enough proof)

9. the goliath needs a larger splash radius, what is on it now is completely pitiful, it’s a tank for gods sake, if you are within 10 feet of the shell, it should kill you lol, not injure you. (also a possibility is maybe make the tank more beefy instead…aka add more health) but either way, the way the tank stands right now it is a lame duck. (also there was a poll about this too a few weeks back, and about 73% of all people who voted also though the goliath was too week)

10. the hell bender MUST be fixed as well, the rear turret on the hell bender is weak, for the hell bender to be what it was, a true strategic vehicle, something worth the space in the map, you must reinstate the old gun. A gun in which you could charge to create extra damage.

11. Increase the shocks “bounce pack power” on the manta. In 2k4 it was very useful against fighting off a manta, now its basically useless…the only real way to fight a manta in ut3 is with an avril now…which must be fired from long distance of coarse. But all “standard” weapons have little or no impact on a manta a close quarters, which is a problem. Return the shock to its status in 2k4 against the manta.

12. the mantas jump height is very poor.

13. Combos from all vehicles feel “week” as of this point. I feel the damage should be increase slightly on these as well.

14. old award announcements should be reinstated…go all the way up to holy ***** again, and put flak monkey, and combo ***** back in.

If you wish to add to my list, and this thread please do, I encourage it…but at the same token please do not list things that it is basically guaranteed never to change such as, we want dodge jump back, we want lg back, we want shield gun back…ect…I think you get my point.

The Splash of the tank shell should be increased! I have hit so many people within 5 feet and they walk away. I used to hit the walls or something to deflect the splash to kill deemers, vehicles, or people. PLUS, the main tank turret is WAAAY to slow when you are trying to spin it around to shoot at a raptor or vehicle. I used to spin the tank and the turret at the same time to get it to 360 faster in 2k4, now, the tank itself spins so slow, its completely useless. The health is the same, which I'm fine with it, but please, increase the splash damage and turret movement.

Also, I have noticed that sometimes if you fall off your hoverboard and immediately press the fire gun on the mini, you hear the mini but no bullets are actually firing, and this is the same with the tank in the mini turret. If you are under a attack and immediately switch over , sometimes you hold down the fire button and it fires but nothing comes out.

I agree with the browser optimization comments. The browser is horrible. Please don't worry about making it console friendly and go back to the way the browser was set up in 2k4! That browser was completely useful and I might say, PERFECT. I didn't have to constantly press "ACCEPT" - I think it's pretty freakin' obvious if you change a setting, you want that setting to change! I like the look of the main menu, but it's when you get into the sub menus and settings - it takes way to long to change your options.

In 2k4 , You could be in game, go into the menu - change something on the fly and press esc a few times and your back in the game. This thing is clunky and confusing..just doesn't flow right.

Comment

-The Scorpion should actually CUT people in half, rather than just kinda impaling them.

-Use the same sensitivity scaling and numbering as in 2k4. Also, include a check box for both mouse smoothing and acceleration.

-Increase Rolloff. As it stands currently, it's pretty tough to hear footsteps.

-Rocket grenades should have a slightly increased displacement.

-Primary Flak's rate of fire is too slow.

-Link secondary should paralyze people more, like in UT2k4.

Comment

Originally posted by darkmantis View Post
        In 2k4 , You could be in game, go into the menu - change something on the fly and press esc a few times and your back in the game. This thing is clunky and confusing..just doesn't flow right.
        Yea, pretty easy. Esc -> Settings -> whatever tab you need to mess with -> Esc and you're back ingame

Comment

Also, Enforcer secondary is pretty much useless.

Comment

I bet the just gave us the barebones for the demo. The full game I'm sure will have a lot more options. And I think the vehicles where made for a controller so I bet they will get that fixed so they are more like UT2. Me thinks anyways.

Comment

All these people have very good points, I would also like to see the rocket launcher have more splash, it seems the flak isn't has useful as in the other unreals its just uhhh doesnt kill like im used to. Sniper rifle needs to be able to hit with out having to aim ahead of the play online, or well get some sort of lag coping thing. Vehicles seem to be so sharp turning.

Comment

Originally posted by Rujman View Post
                -The Scorpion should actually CUT people in half, rather than just kinda impaling them.

-Use the same sensitivity scaling and numbering as in 2k4. Also, include a check box for both mouse smoothing and acceleration.

-Increase Rolloff. As it stands currently, it's pretty tough to hear footsteps.
                Great points esp. foot steps!

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                  1. server browser must be fixed.

2. server browser must list servers correctly in order of ping (low to high)

3. server browser must have the ability to show who is playing in that server without having to join the server.

4. server browser must have a favorite’s list, and make it easy to add “favorite servers” to a running list for future reference.
                  #1 is a bit redundant and vague given 2, 3, and 4. Anything to inflate the number of "issues" you could list.

On Topic: Why is there no server administration for listen servers?

Comment

Originally posted by NaMMeR View Post
                    #1 is a bit redundant and vague given 2, 3, and 4. Anything to inflate the number of "issues" you could list.
                    i did not inflate anything trust me, i could go with more complaints if you would like, there is no "need to inflate" trust me lol. and by simply stating "fix server browser" i mean by the fact that the whole thing is clumsy and just does not flow.

Comment

Yeah, DRACO INFLATED HIS LIST JUST TO GET IT TO THE ROUND AND FRIENDLY NUMBER OF 14.

Give me a break.

Comment

Yeah, DRACO INFLATED HIS LIST JUST TO GET IT TO THE ROUND AND FRIENDLY NUMBER OF 14.

Give me a break.
                        LOL! , trust me that number is very near and dear to my heart rujman...and u know, i didnt want to be suck on that unlucky number of 13

lol but on topic, i like your additions to the list as well, especially the rolloff one, and i too would like the old style of enforcer secondary back where the gun turns sideways and ROF increases, instead of the 3 shot burst we have now.

Comment

I'm with you all the way up to number 10.

Comment

Also, Enforcer secondary is pretty much useless.
                            Disagreed, but room for improvement - 2k4 assault rifle grenades could do a double kill.

Maybe make enforcer secondary fire more shots, and faster, make it semi hitscan? (since it can't kill two...)

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                              9. the goliath needs a larger splash radius

11. Increase the shocks “bounce pack power” on the manta.

12. the mantas jump height is very poor.
                              Don't agree with any of these.

Goliath splash is just fine, it's just not as good at sniping as it used to be.

Knockback to manta now comes from alt- stinger.

Why does the manta need to jump higher? It still dodges raptor missiles like crazy and circlestrafes tanks all day long.

Comment

Working...
                              X