...but will there be stats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...but will there be stats?

The intent of this thread is not do discuss the pros/cons of a stat system. [I feel it degenerating into that already...]. Rather, I'm curious if there is a plan in place to *deal* with stats once the online fragfest begins.

ngStats was cool in UT. I was never going to be at the top but it was neat to see improvement and track kill/death ratio. But I cannot help but wonder what ngStats had so magically right that everyone else has failed at since.

UT2003? Stats were a mess.
    UT2004? Didn't play it long but I seem to remember a prolonged stat outage. Maybe I'm thinking 2003. It's all 2k to me.

And now the latest (please no banz0r over mentioning another game)...halo 3...complete server meltdown over tracking game stats.

[and yeah...I dig Halo3. But I'm building a new PC to play UT3 so pffft.]

Thoughts? Concerns?

Already are stats in community > leaderboard. Flawed due to a lot of servers not using it.

Comment

I've not checked the stats out yet. I can't really play this game *yet* (XP 2400, geforce 600, 512MB RAM). Playing at 10 fps online really doesn't warrant checking stats.

Comment

I want local stats back again.

Comment

A little bird tells me stats are the #1 reason GameSpy is involved in this game. Epic's in- house stats were a disaster last time and caused no end of outcry... GameSpy, crappy as they are, should at least be able to deliver consistent stats.

Comment

Yes there will be stats silly

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Evil View Post
              I want local stats back again.
              ^^that too, it was cool being able to see how you fare against bots in original UT

Comment

But these stats don't show as much as the UT2004 stats: no # matches won/lost, no kill/death ratio, no # hours spent in a certain gametype, no stats per map, ...

Comment

hmmm sound slike you guys are talking about off-game stats (i.e. I play the game, then quit and go on a website to check them out).

Any chance of getting *some* of the stats in the game ?
                  I mean, the current score screen in the vCTF games is a bit of a disappointment.
                  I'd love to know who got killed by whom (I'm not 100% sure I care to know which weapon everyone is using), without having to go on a website....

~K

Comment

Yeah there are stats ingame.. like the second post said: go to Community, Leaderboards and double click your user name and/or play with the filters a bit.

It doesn't show who got killed by whom, it just shows the number of kills/deaths with certain weapons/vehicles and the rewards that you got (e.g., Flak Monkey...).

Comment

Working...
                    X