• Time
  • Show
Clear All

My homemade UT3 PC Cover

Hi all,

I've made a UT3 Cover, i've never made one before but i think its ok
    Can you please rate/comment it?

The cover

This is the low-res version btw. the high-res is 9mb and 600DPI.
    If anyone is interested in the high-res version tell me and i'll post it here
    Cya,
    Rik

Looks very professional.

Comment

Thanks m8 :P

Comment

lmfao, i misspelled single (singe) fixed in the high-res version

Comment

its okay but the thin side kinda looks gay... lol

Comment

Originally posted by K!llum!nat! View Post
            its okay but the thin side kinda looks gay... lol
            wich side (left, right, up, down..)

Comment

I'm a print and exhibit designer, so this might sound kind of harsh, the layout looks like some thought was put into it but everything about the typography, color, and gestalt is absolutely horrible. Good effort tho!

Note: Typography takes years to grasp and decades to master, so don't feel so bad.

Comment

looks nice

for some reason the cover pic epic chose reminds me of BattleField 2 cover.

Comment

Originally posted by Red.Anthem View Post
                  I'm a print and exhibit designer, so this might sound kind of harsh, the layout looks like some thought was put into it but everything about the typography, color, and gestalt is absolutely horrible. Good effort tho!

Note: Typography takes years to grasp and decades to master, so don't feel so bad.
                  :P it's my first cover

EDIT: How can i improve this?

Comment

Originally posted by AFG34 View Post
                    looks nice

for some reason the cover pic epic chose reminds me of BattleField 2 cover.
                    thans m8 Has epic already released a cover?

Comment

Originally posted by ColdfireRik View Post
                      wich side (left, right, up, down..)
                      the thin side in the middle... Sorry dunno how thats called in english...

Comment

Originally posted by K!llum!nat! View Post
                        the thin side in the middle... Sorry dunno how thats called in english...
                        You mean the side you see when you see the box from the side?

Comment

yeah, hence the props on the layout. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying "The design nazi says you can't experiment with covers of your favorite game for fun because it makes you feel nice!" I happen to like when people design things, even if they aren't pro designers, I especially like to look into peoples sketchbooks who havent been visually trained because it always clues me in into how they perceive things, and its always nice to get a fresh take on how someone sees our world.

Comment

Originally posted by ColdfireRik View Post
                            You mean the side you see when you see the box from the side?
                            haha yeah i think thats what i mean

Comment

Originally posted by Red.Anthem View Post
                              yeah, hence the props on the layout. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying "The design nazi says you can't experiment with covers of your favorite game for fun because it makes you feel nice!" I happen to like when people design things, even if they aren't pro designers, I especially like to look into peoples sketchbooks who havent been visually trained because it always clues me in into how they perceive things, and its always nice to get a fresh take on how someone sees our world.
                              So what's your vote? And how can i improve?

Comment

Working...
                              X