No announcement yet.

Are you happy with sniper rifle ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so is it just me, or can you only zoom to 1 predefined range, and does that bother anyone else?

Comment

It's much more better than the 2k4 sniper rifle, and as much as I hated the fact that the lg wasn't going to be in this game, I don't care anymore. The sniper rifle suits my needs

I just need to learn to get direct headshots (**** the bullets when they fly a little over the shoulders)

Comment

Loved the 2k4 lightning gun, hated the sniper.

Love the UT3 sniper.

Originally posted by rigged View Post
        so is it just me, or can you only zoom to 1 predefined range, and does that bother anyone else?
        It's not like CS where you click to zoom and click again to zoom more. UT's sniper zoom is click and hold

Comment

Originally posted by rigged View Post
          It's just you. Zoom depends on how long you press secondary.

Comment

i really like the new sniper. animations & firing work well together. its not as effective against vehicles, but imo that is a good thing as the lg was overpowered in that.
            i love the headshot, bringing back feining death for ut3 is good, but when some is stood there with not fecking head, you know he aint faking it

Comment

Originally posted by Bersy View Post
              Perfectly. This new sniper completely rips UT2004's sniper and LG a new cornhole. A worthy successor to UT's sniper.
              Quoted for truth.

Comment

two words "It Rocks"

Comment

LG > SR but its easier to aim with

Comment

I give the slight edge to the LG, but this is a new era and a new game, and I'm completely content with what they've done with the sniper rifle.

The 2k4 sniper rifle was a steaming pile though...good riddance to the death of that.

Comment

The zoom could zoom in more IMO, but other than that, it's a great re-addition.

Comment

nope not happy with the sniper rifle. i don;t need the LG. but this sniper rifle is too easy to shoot people with. you don;t need any skill for it. and that sucks.

Comment

Gah, dunno - but imo they both teh sux Actually, I miss the rifle from U/UT - and the new one lacks the fire rate so is mainly an actual sniper's tool (but it's a sniper rifle after all so dunno ) - and snipers are a usefull tactical unit for CTF-style teamplay, but their job in DM is a total stupid and boring waste of time (yep, I hate teh campers ) - and running with SR in DM is a waste of time as well - I get way more frags (sprees etc if against Exp bots) with the hammer. So - one needs a higher ROF in an unzoomed mode (or it would be a campers' paradise - so in zoomed mode it should work just like atm) - this way it would be usefull not only in those distant shots, but also in actual close-combat situations.

ps but it should be a good old bullet weapon, not that sparkgun (which is not natural-looking at all btw, trust me, I worked with alike effects )

Comment

I miss the LG, I like the visuals and tech. of course best of all was the crosshair ( circle 4 i think ) didnt see it in the demo

Comment

I like the sniper rifle very much. The LG in UT2004 was sucking bigtime. My only question is that there should be 2 placs where the rifle should be instead of only 1. My suggestion is on VCTF: near spma and/or tower or near tank/raptor spawn.

Comment

Working...
                              X