No announcement yet.

Are you happy with sniper rifle ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its alright but I feel like its missing something...

Fix the scope delay
    Make hits more obvious at a distance

Maybe something else too but I'm not sure.

Comment

I hated the LG. Such a 'toy' weapon. Sniper rifle ftw.

Comment

The sniper rifle was in the Unreal series from the beging of the series. LG was just a big yellow toy with fancy lights and a little *ZAP*. (Batteries Sold Seperately)

Comment

Didnt vote, but yeah i am happy with the sniper rifle(im not happy with how accurate the bots are with it, heh), but i also would like the LG back, not to worry im sure someone will mod it in.

Comment

the vote is clear !
            SR ftw !

Comment

LG is best! Forever!

Comment

Are You remember Shock Rifle in UT2004 ? All weapons are different now and best. All more beatiful and Hi-Tech futuristic.

But, if you think a real weapon above mentioned, is more adequate to UT3 instead Lithining Gun ... what can I do ? Only

But I give to you a sugestion for enforcer :

I had read here: "Lithining Gun is like a Toy". Well, other weapons too, but a new design for LG in UT3 would be different than UT2004´s design for LG.

Think about this ...

Comment

The sniper rifle and Link gun are the only two weapons I'm happy with so far. Solely because they are the only two weapons in the game that shoot where I aim them.

Comment

UNREAL every day is more REAL. Of here the some days he will be SAME to CS.

Well since we returned to UT99, I believe that next UT will be identical to UT2003 and the other after this, it will be same to UT2004 and then we will return again to UT99/UT3 and everything will turn an I circulate... Now I understand!

Comment

In UT2004, I much preferred the LG to the sniper, because of the silly things they did to attempt to balance it (namely, the puff of smoke). I was kind of worried that they were going to go that same direction when they announced there would be no LG in UT3.

But I think they've nailed the sniper near-perfectly. It looks great, sounds great, and blows people's heads off real good. The fire rate syncs up with the animation, so it doesn't feel like they've unnaturally lowered the rate of fire. The "tracer" (looks more like a "heat trail" to me) is instantaneous, unlike UT2004's out-of-sync tracer animation, so you get a good feel for where your shots are hitting, plus it's not an obnoxiously obvious attempt to "balance" the weapon, even though it serves that purpose.

I would kind of like the scope to come up a bit more quickly, but other than that, I find it very satisfying.

Comment

I am absolutely in love with the sniper rifle. I think it's perfect!

Comment

Originally posted by Flak View Post
                          I am absolutely in love with the sniper rifle. I think it's perfect!
                          Agreed. What it said ^^

Comment

I like it

Comment

Ok for those that think LG was just a toy....think about how it could have been implemented in UT3.

Right now, we have the cute effect of shooting someone's head off. Ok big deal. I've seen that before.

Now with LG...they could have created an electrified head then explodes experience. Or a flame on head then it explodes experience. So much more creativeness could have gone towards LG in UT3.

But instead, all the kiddies like the typical sniper rifle in every other game, and so Epic had to adopt the same thing to make all the kiddies happy.

Comment

i hated the LG. it basically ruined the art of sniping with its unbeleivably futuristic look, burning necks, and taking these weirdo ammo pickups (no offense to its creator).

i much prefer the good ol' sniper

Comment

Working...
                                X