Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Advice, Thanks!

Hello everyone, i just joined the forum and would like some advice
    I'm going to get a new computer but im a bit lost after few years of no gaming.

After reading few articles in Gamespot, i've decided that i want to buy the Radeon HD 2900 XT 256MB. (can change my mind if i can get any good advice )

GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB
    GeForce 8800 GTS 320MB
    Radeon HD 2900 XT 512MB
    Radeon X1900 XT 256MB
    Radeon HD 2600 XT 256MB
    GeForce 7900 GS 256MB

But i am having a hard time, choosing the Right Motherboard ( i want the best one) and CPU to work with this card.

I would be more than thankful for any help.
    Thanks in advance.

Strosdegoz
    Yim : strosdegoz
    Msn messenger : strosdegoz@hotmail.com
    Gtalk : alandetsu@gmail.com

Specific : best asus motherboard for a good updated AMD processor.
    Thanks

Go to new egg and look 4 ur mother board......... click mother boards and then top sellers and there u will find the mother boards that most people buy and their reviews

Comment

Thanks a lot brutal i'm checking many sites and reading but still a bit hard, id like to be pointed in a direction.

Like for example there are many different Ati cards but now i know that the one to go for Gaming (ut3) are the XT

I know i need an Asus MVP, but don't know the model and the CPU, even harder :P

Comment

i guess it just comes down to personal prefference and cost... some ppl will only buy amds, some ppl will only buy intel, heh... The core2's are currently the fastest, but that might change before long as AMD plan to ship out some new CPUS like in a month or so.... for the price-for-buck performance, AMDS are really nice right now. So long as you get a dual core with at "least" 2.2ghz for lastability purposes you'll be doing just fine i think. Im using an amd athlon 64 x2 4200+ right now (2.2ghz) but its a 939 socket chipset.. so its old.. but it runs UT3 perfectly for me. graphics card really depends on what performance you are really wanting... if you want just a fast card... or one that performans very well at high resolutions with DX10. Memory on a graphics card i think is becomming increasingly more important for overall frame rates and system performance as less is relied on accessing RAM. which also enables high res texturing also. Im not a pro on this stuff either.... but if u could get a 512mem graphics card im sure it'll help out a lot. but its what you can afford....
        Good brand motherboards i've found to be ASUS,MSI and gigabyte. Get a motherboard that has a good FSB and can support more then 2GB of RAM for future upgrading.

Comment

Get an 8800GTX, C2D of your choice (overclock it ~30% with stock voltage and cooler), and a nice motherboard. I sugegst the 680i SLI chipset. I have an ASUS Striker Extreme (big **** among current oc boards) but I would not suggest it to anyone who isn't VERY comfortable with BIOS flashing, tweaking, and troubleshooting. It runs like a charm now, but it took a while to get it that way. eVGA's 680i offering is a very nice board, and you may be able to get a package deal with an eVGA 8800GTX.

Comment

Originally posted by VACkillers View Post
            i guess it just comes down to personal prefference and cost... some ppl will only buy amds, some ppl will only buy intel, heh... The core2's are currently the fastest, but that might change before long as AMD plan to ship out some new CPUS like in a month or so.... for the price-for-buck performance, AMDS are really nice right now. So long as you get a dual core with at "least" 2.2ghz for lastability purposes you'll be doing just fine i think. Im using an amd athlon 64 x2 4200+ right now (2.2ghz) but its a 939 socket chipset.. so its old.. but it runs UT3 perfectly for me. graphics card really depends on what performance you are really wanting... if you want just a fast card... or one that performans very well at high resolutions with DX10. Memory on a graphics card i think is becomming increasingly more important for overall frame rates and system performance as less is relied on accessing RAM. which also enables high res texturing also. Im not a pro on this stuff either.... but if u could get a 512mem graphics card im sure it'll help out a lot. but its what you can afford....
            Good brand motherboards i've found to be ASUS,MSI and gigabyte. Get a motherboard that has a good FSB and can support more then 2GB of RAM for future upgrading.
            Thanks a lot, this is really, really helpful.
            I was going for that socket 939 but now i know is old,
            which one would be the new one?

I don't want the lastest one but a good one will do (old won't i guess) as i will be updating my PC regularly, now i have to get back on track.

I have funds right now, so not the highest, but for example a $250 motherboard is affordable, $500usd Video card, and so on in the ranges.

Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by The Marauder View Post
              Get an 8800GTX, C2D of your choice (overclock it ~30% with stock voltage and cooler), and a nice motherboard. I sugegst the 680i SLI chipset. I have an ASUS Striker Extreme (big **** among current oc boards) but I would not suggest it to anyone who isn't VERY comfortable with BIOS flashing, tweaking, and troubleshooting. It runs like a charm now, but it took a while to get it that way. eVGA's 680i offering is a very nice board, and you may be able to get a package deal with an eVGA 8800GTX.
              Thanks a lot..
              I'm against tweaking, broke too many things in the past.
              Also over cloaking and all that, right now i'm not even sure what it means, but i want to start over, only start messing with my things after they start to get a bit old, not right away, but i really appreciate your suggestion.

I also rather the ATi, and i went to Asus and AMD because i know they work better with ATI.....

Thanks again.

Comment

what about the new AMD processor, whats the socket name?
                So i will buy that one!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X