CTF-Suspense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTF-Suspense

Playing this thru and checking it out, I notice the 2 bases have some significant color noting to know what side you are on, I think the towers and bridge need some kind of enhancement as to what side your on. I know the maps are handy but I tend to watch the ingame experience. The bule side could have bluish brick mortar, the other side is fine, the towers have some kind of bluish paneling, looks fine for blue, make the red side more redish.
    Since Liandri may have changed the area for one of their CTF matches, certainly they would have tweaked it around.

Something subtle, or like the Face light glares

I always like to have both sides easy to distinguish, esp on ONS maps. It is easy on Suspense to get turned around if you are under the bridge. Look on your radar; tells you what direction you are headed.

I'll take this in consideration if I do a Suspense remix....

Comment

It's unclear what the minimap is showing in Suspense. The buildings? The terrain?

Comment

The minimap blows.

Comment

The minimaps are textures right? It's a tangent but it sure would be neat if you could include a lowpoly version of the map as a 3d representation. Kind of like a bounding box of the whole thing, something that would look like the MGS substance levels.

Comment

Another thing.
            Red base has an extra fence at the back of its base. Blue base doesn't.

Or its the other way around I can't quite remember.
            But one has a whole 2 extra fence panels and thats plain greedy if you ask me.

Comment

Yeah maybe the red/blue floor arrows on the bridge as I found myself going the wrong way sometimes by accident :/

Comment

Originally posted by TheLeech View Post
                Yeah maybe the red/blue floor arrows on the bridge as I found myself going the wrong way sometimes by accident :/
                Or use the radar?

Comment

I agree. Colored markings of some kind ought to be added. If anything else, just have large red and blue flags attached to the bridge's towers...

Comment

Press F2.at least i think it's F2 to get the arrows up.

Comment

Originally posted by Mort_Q View Post
                      Or use the radar?
                      Im not used to having to use a radar in UT, or just not very good at it !

Comment

I didn't get lost so far and I've played a lot on this map. But it would be nice to make it look more like it's your base not just a simple place you just use.

I love this map, reminds me a lot of CTF_FaceClassic, my favourite CTF level. And it doesn't really need vehicles either, so it could be used as a simple CTF map too, the distance isn't too great between the two bases.

Comment

I was on a Manta and after some twist and turn battles over the water I decided to run back to my base to heal my Manta. I got back to my base only to find it swarming with enemy fighters. I couldn't believe how aggressive they where at attacking the base and how they must have good coordination and timing to swarm the way they did. Then just before I was blown up into little pieces, I realize I was in the wrong base.

Comment

Working...
                          X