• Show
Clear All

Solution For A Tight Budget!!!

my specs:
    AMD AM2 4800+
    2GIGS DDR800 RAM
    10000 RPM WESTERN DIGITAL HDD
    PCI-E X-1950GT 512M VID CARD

I can run the game at max screen resolution 45-60fps. When I upgraded all I purchased was the mobo,processor,ram,vid card. Every thing else from my old pc was still used,like dvd drive,power supply,case,keyboard&mouse,monitor,and speakers. To my surprise it was really cheap to do this in terms of an upgrade.

AM2 4800+ = 130$
    M2A-MVP MOBO = 95$
    DDR2 800MHZ 2 GIGS = 60$
    X1950GT PCI-E VID CARD = 135$ (HIGH END DX9 VID CARD THAT BLOWS THE LOW END DX-10 CARDS OUT OF THE WATER, CHECK BENCHMARKS FOR PROOF IF YOU DONT BELIEVE ME.

TOTAL EST. = 420$-500$ (DEPENDING ON WHERE YOU BUY YOUR PARTS AND WHO INSTALLS THEM FOR YOU.

PENTIUM DUAL CORE SYSTEM IS BETTER BUT COSTS TWICE AS MUCH, SO FOR ALL YOU PEOPLE THAT HAVE A TIGHT BUDGET THIS MAY BE THE SOLUTION YOUR LOOKING FOR.

I FORGOT TO MENTION THAT THIS COMP SETUP IS VERY UPGRADEABLE, THE PROCESSOR IS A 2.5GHZ DUAL CORE, AND AMD HAS A DUAL-CORE 3.2GHZ CHIP THAT IS SUPPORTED BY THIS MOBO. YOU CAN HAVE UP TO 8 GIGS OF RAM, lATER WHEN ITS NESSASARY YOU CAN UPGRADE TO A HIGH END DX-10 CARD(IM WAITING FOR THE PRICES TO DROP FIRST). aLSO THIS MOBO SUPPORTS 2 VID CARDS(CROSSFIRE,ATI///SLI,NVIDIA). SO THIS SETUP WILL NOT BE OUT OF DATE FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS IF PROPERLY UPGRADED WHEN NEED BE.

Comment

Well made. AMD/ATi>Intel/Nvidia when it comes to bang for your buck.

Comment

Originally posted by da ghost View Post
        Well made. AMD/ATi>Intel/Nvidia when it comes to bang for your buck.
        Indeed. ATi's last generation cards are great. Only downside is that AMD motherboards aren't quite as futureproof as intel boards (Penryn..).

OP should perhaps take cruise control off though, it's hurting my eyes

Comment

Im Pretty Sure(not 100%) That This Mobo Also Supports The Quad Core Amd Processors As Well So That Would Prolong Its Life For Sure, Since Duals Are The Standard Now, And It Will Probally Be A Year Or Two Before Quads Are The Standard, And By Then God Only Knows What New Stuff Will Emerge From Amd/intel.

Comment

sorry about the caps I just wanted some of the post to stand out, and I guess I forgot to turn it off.

Comment

I got a solution. Xbox360 or quit gaming

Comment

Oh not another 360 fan boy. You can settle for x-box lives lag and a very watered down version of the game. Id perfer to get the full game and play with 32 players in a room that I can see my connection before I join and spend time actually playing the game instead of complining about lag all the time on x-box live. I have been through 5 360's in 2 years and i'm sick of lining microsofts pockets for stuff you get for free on the PC.

Comment

Originally posted by quakeworld View Post
                  I got a solution. Xbox360 or quit gaming
                  You make me, Freddy Mercury, and Santa Clause cry

Comment

Working...
                  X