What the **** is with that swirly kill?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What the **** is with that swirly kill?

I thought it was just from the odd shock combo but ive seen it with other weapons (you know what i mean, guy spins around like a ghost has his gotchies), that shiznit is freaky!

i've only seen it with the shock but you might be right. thought it might be some vortex the shock combo created lol. but it could be a bug. who knows! its pretty crazy

Comment

The shock combo creates a vortex/blackhole thing when you kill a person with it. Thus sucking the body in and gibbing it... pretty awesome if you ask me.

Comment

I personally dont like how they fly outwards then inwards, the idea was nice but it just looks as if the body is glitched in reality. I honestly did think it was a bug at first.

Comment

I thought it was both a glitch and a feature.

When I saw the dude get sucked in, I was like "holy ****, that's awesome!" but then the spinning seemed a bit too exaggerated so I thought the coding might have had a few values too high.

Comment

I LOVE it - just one thing I'd do to improve it though...on the 'outwards' cycle, I'd like to see some separtion of the limbs (because in the initial stages there is no visible damage and it's not very gratifying in that first 0.5sec - remember, this is an instant gratification world we are living in. I wanna see dat shazit, and then when the 'inwards' cycle occurs, everything gets sucked back in like it's doing now and KA-SQAUSH!

Comment

how about the guy explodes, then it pauses, and then rewinds into an implosion! PHAT....

Comment

Originally posted by MegadetH View Post
                how about the guy explodes, then it pauses, and then rewinds into an implosion! PHAT....
                Ya, this spawned some new thinking...I opened a thread about it in the Demo Feedback forum becasuse as awesome as it already is, there might still be some potential here...

Comment

I think its fine tbh, looks very nice and sucking people into it is great. Its especially funny when you/somone else has recently done a combo, then you end up dying from some projectile and get violently sucked into the end effect of the combo . Many times i've been sucked into my own combos. Though i do agree with Envy, some limb loss on the initial boom would be nice and limb loss in general)

Originally posted by 3NVY View Post
                  I LOVE it - just one thing I'd do to improve it though...on the 'outwards' cycle, I'd like to see some separtion of the limbs (because in the initial stages there is no visible damage and it's not very gratifying in that first 0.5sec - remember, this is an instant gratification world we are living in. I wanna see dat shazit, and then when the 'inwards' cycle occurs, everything gets sucked back in like it's doing now and KA-SQAUSH!

Comment

Originally posted by Dymlos2003 View Post
                    The shock combo creates a vortex/blackhole thing when you kill a person with it. Thus sucking the body in and gibbing it... pretty awesome if you ask me.
                    **** right!!! I love the effect. Not every weapon should just gib. The weapon kill effect should vary from all weapons imo to make it cool.

Comment

Working...
                    X