Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you noticed many UT99 gamers making a comeback to UT3?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Have you noticed many UT99 gamers making a comeback to UT3?

    On the servers, have you recognised many people that were UT99 gamers but didn't really get into the 2k series?

    Just wondering because I've seen a few UT99 gamers that I've heard didn't get into the 2k series.

    Just wondering if this is the case for other people?

    #2
    Sentences are my friend, I played UT99, and UT03/04 and I'm here for this one also!

    Comment


      #3
      I personally hang out with a lot of UT old schoolers that didn't like UT2, but are looking forward to UT3 (myself included) o/

      Comment


        #4
        Well, its a demo and I think alot of them are of course trying UT3 out and see if it have what it takes to make them move on to a new game.

        I love what Epic has done with UT3 gameplay wise and I think it has the potential to bring together the UT99 and UT2k3/4 communities. Atleast I hope so because that gives the opportunity for a community with great atmosphere imho.

        I only hope they adress the opinions raised aroud the "crappy" UI.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Grim View Post
          Well, its a demo and I think alot of them are of course trying UT3 out and see if it have what it takes to make them move on to a new game.

          I love what Epic has done with UT3 gameplay wise and I think it has the potential to bring together the UT99 and UT2k3/4 communities. Atleast I hope so because that gives the opportunity for a community with great atmosphere imho.

          I only hope they adress the opinions raised aroud the "crappy" UI.
          Yeah I hope people get more into the game. I think a lot of people are just aliasing to get a feel for the demo.

          I've noticed that there is a pretty high standard of play on the servers already. I guess it's just the experience of having played multiple fps games and multiple incarnations of the UT series. It's good to see nevertheless. Hope more people start to clog the servers, lol

          Comment


            #6
            Yeah I have too.

            People keep asking me if I was a UT99 player when I'm doing good and my score is high.

            I've seen some great players too, ones better than me. (not that I'm gods gift to gaming, but i do well)

            I really hope we see new people this time around, and the UT2004 players give up their complaining about no dodge-jump and enjoy it along with UT99 players.
            We need a big community for the game and good mods to suceed. People won't make good mods without a big community to play them.

            Comment


              #7
              I was a quake1 player, left the scene until ut2k4 just this past febuary, and i gotta tell you this rl pri fire feels like the quake origional which i find is the best weapon of all time... FEAR MY ROCKS! EFF YAH!

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by MegadetH View Post
                I was a quake1 player, left the scene until ut2k4 just this past febuary, and i gotta tell you this rl pri fire feels like the quake origional which i find is the best weapon of all time... FEAR MY ROCKS! EFF YAH!
                hehe, I was a Quake1 player too ^^, and Quake 2 rocked even more, played UT99, UT2k3 and UT2k4, and I'll play this one for sure, I'm pointing to buy the collector's edition...

                Comment


                  #9
                  No idea what you speak of!

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by MikeGTS View Post
                    hehe, I was a Quake1 player too ^^, and Quake 2 rocked even more, played UT99, UT2k3 and UT2k4, and I'll play this one for sure, I'm pointing to buy the collector's edition...
                    OMG Mike if you think Quake 2 Rocked your not a Quake1 player =)

                    I still play Quake 1 and UT99 the rest of the games cant compete.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      i'm one of the UT99 vets that hated the 2k series but is loving UT3

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Same thing. I have played UT99 since end 1999. I just retired from the game last night. It's been a long run but i got to stop someday. UT3 is amazing so far just need to fix some stuff up for the full version then it should be a perfect game. There will no reason for the UT99 community not to play it again. I know for sure there are old school players/clans returning. They already are and it's growing.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          I've seen some player names I haven't seen for a long time showing up on the Gameradius.net IRC server. There's also a UT3 Deathmatch PUG channel on Gameradius (primarily serving the UT99 community) and when I idled in it, I saw that it was packed full of DM-ShangriLa Team-DM PUG match activity all night.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            If epic get this right they will suck all the players in

                            UT old school and Quake.. but will they make the changes needed ?

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by quakeworld View Post
                              OMG Mike if you think Quake 2 Rocked your not a Quake1 player =)

                              I still play Quake 1 and UT99 the rest of the games cant compete.
                              LOL well spoken!

                              i was only 6 when Quake 1 came out, all my older mates had it, and when i got my first gaming PC that was the first game i installed. It brings back great memories!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X