No announcement yet.

For everyone complaining that...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if ut3 is the best they have, maybe they better take their business and **** of to the consoles for good! they wont be missed..

"sulks in the corner a bit more" >.<

Comment

Originally posted by T1tusCr0w View Post
      if ut3 is the best they have, maybe they better take their business and **** of to the consoles for good! they wont be missed..

"sulks in the corner a bit more" >.<
      Dude seriously... you're acting pathetic.

Not meant in an attacking way -- I mean literally... sulking in a corner.

Just... play... the... game...

It doesn't hit Epic's standards -- true... but they're patching it... it's obvious they're patching it... they're a busy company with a few dozen licensees and 2 games... and only 70 people (+ China). They wanted it out for this holiday... they met their mark but the game wasn't quite done. YET.

When the UI gets their bugs fixed and hopefully more tweaked for their standard of option editing... then the UI is decent enough. Sure -- it looks like something from a console...

But if you honestly have issues with interfaces? Play Battlefield... it's got ALL the options you want (not that it matters because Battlefield is so unstable you'll never actually get to PLAY the game... but at least it looks "PC"... like a blue screen of death... you don't see those on consoles, but I digress.)

Sure --

Lastly I admit -- the amount of players online is bad. But 3 things:

1) UT always was a game to SLOWLY make their sales.
      2) The market is more crowded than ever.
      3) Everyone's in the forum nitpicking.

Comment

Originally posted by Phopojijo View Post
        I wish i could, and its not just the constant CTD's that is stopping me..

I've allways had a love/hate relationship with UT, it has features i simply adore, and it has features i loathe so very much, but the latter has never been a problem, because i could allways just turn them off.. untill now, now im forced to play with several of them enabled.

So between the constant crashes, the gameplay having several features that annoy me (and more so because i get frustrated knowing that it should be easy to disable them), and having to add the settings and mutators i want after every crash.. well there's not much enjoyment to be had for me now is there? there is just not much incentive for me to press the "Play UT3" Icon in my start menu.

This game will be nothing short of awesome when patched, but as it is, its worse than no UT, its like a carrot dangled infront of your face, so clouse you can practically taste it, but allways just out of reach.

Comment

Originally posted by intentsly View Post
          Here comes the Judge!
          Someone please take the gavel away from this dude!
          You seem to be taking it personally when people complain about issues by calling them stupid (in so many words).
          You complain about "complaint bots", so, therefore you are a "complaint bot's complaint bot".
          Shall I now refer to your last sentence in your post? Surely:
          Get over it. Actually 'Get over yourself' is more appropriate.
          Its kind of hard to complain about something unless you actually buy it or have at least played the retail version. Its kinda the point of having feedback provided by the players that did buy it.
          I don't take it personally. But I don't believe that the purpose of these forums is for people to vent and, like many others on the forums, I get tired of hearing the broken records.

For instance, many of the redundant complaints about the quality of UT3 come from people with intricate experience with the UT series. What did they expect? A perfect, well-refined game that would make everyone happy? What in the UT series history would lead anyone to believe that? So all this indignation with the "I can't believe Epic did this or that tone" is either insincere or naive.

Now if I buy a game--and it doesn't have to be UT3--that I didn't like the demo, or I didn't try try the demo or read discussions about the game, that's my fault if I don't like it. The game manufacturer didn't make me buy it. This is the Internet age where it's easy to research about products.

Comment

Originally posted by Grobut View Post
            I wish i could, and its not just the constant CTD's that is stopping me..

I've allways had a love/hate relationship with UT, it has features i simply adore, and it has features i loathe so very much, but the latter has never been a problem, because i could allways just turn them off.. untill now, now im forced to play with several of them enabled.

So between the constant crashes, the gameplay having several features that annoy me (and more so because i get frustrated knowing that it should be easy to disable them), and having to add the settings and mutators i want after every crash.. well there's not much enjoyment to be had for me now is there? there is just not much incentive for me to press the "Play UT3" Icon in my start menu.

This game will be nothing short of awesome when patched, but as it is, its worse than no UT, its like a carrot dangled infront of your face, so clouse you can practically taste it, but allways just out of reach.
            Stable for me except Torlan and its variants for some reason, tweaking with it to find out why.

Comment

Originally posted by madafaka View Post
              I have no respect for you anymore HAL.
              Why? Because hal is correct in what he says.

UT2k3 ported most contents and good stuff from previous UT games. UT2k4 ported most contents and good stuff from UT2k3. Plus, you can play UT99 with UT2k4 new engine (a mod that plays ut99 on unreal 2.5=>better graphics)...
              UT2k3 took a number of good things from UT. It also came with some new things that were not from UT.

1) Double Jump, dodge-jump, boost-dodging, Wall-dodging.

Now for many, they liked those changes. For many others, they did not. But UT3 keeps all of the UT movement system, and much of the UT2k4 movement system. UT2k4 had already dropped boosting from UT2k3, and UT3 dropped dodge-jumping from UT2k4.

2) Warped map scale. Maps had to be scaled to be very long and wide, to accomodate the movement system. This was something not required in UT, but required in UT2k3.

3) Bounding boxes were FAT. 35% fatter than in UT, so doorways had to be wider, as well.

4) Highly-varied player models. From the short and fat Gorge to tall and skinny Diva - and it didn't help that many character models were practically invisible (Abaddon), and embarassing crotchlights, and later Brightskins, were practically a requirement.

5) Glowing, iconic pickups like the shield system, health items, etc. Adrenaline.

6) The shield gun which promoted/rewarded cowardace.

7) Highly nerfed weapons overall, and some weapons were nerfed for even the balance standard of the day, namely the Assault Rifle (pee shooter) and BioRifle (mini-Redeemer). This was tweaked some in UT2k4 thankfully.

So let's not kid ourselves about the "good stuff" that UT2k3 added. Not all of it was good. But UT2k4 was what made UT2k3 more palatable for critics like myself because of the level of polish that finally went into the game.

What about UT3?
              UT3 did cary as much as the previous UT did, plus It does not even have the feel of UT99 to it.
              It dropped dodge-jump but is essentially a compromise between UT and UT2.

To make it simple, the history of Unreal tournament is irrelevant anyway, nor can it "FORCE YOU to like UT3 or not make complains about it contents" (-.-) How the game is perceived is what matters not history and all people who complains about UT3 have legitimate views and it should be respected (-.-) I personally did not complain about other Unreal games when they were released from UT99 to UT2k4, i liked all of them. the problem is UT3 witch to me do not deserve that name compared to previous UT series
              I only mention the history or Unreal because people seem to forget it. It is relevant. I do agree that the game will still be liked or hated depending on how the game feels to them, and that's fine. But we constantly see people claiming UT3 is bad because it's "consolish" when the fact is they loved UT2k4/UT2k3 and that _came_ from a direct console port of Unreal Tournament 2. So that's a bit of egg on their faces for asserting something is bad that they clearly don't have a problem with. They don't actually mind console influences on a game. Only so long as those are influences they like.

People also complain that UT3 is not polished. Neither was UT2k3 when it first came out. Neither was Unreal or UT, either. UT had a specific advantage in that it was developed off the Unreal base. Just as UT2k4 was developed off the UT2k3 base. We'll probably see a similar version of UT3 down the line, akin to a GOTY type version or Special Edition, etc. This is why history is important, because we can learn from it to see what might happen in the future. Certainly anyone with experience with Unreal series games knows that patches will come out that address issues, as well as bonus packs. So the doom and gloom about UT3 is premature. Those that look to history will know that. Those that close their eyes to history will just remain ignorant of it.

Comment

Originally posted by hal View Post
                For everyone complaining that...

... Unreal Tournament 3 is a dumbed-down consolized version of Unreal Tournament 2003/4 because Epic removed dodge-jumps and slowed down weapon switch times, etc

How many of you realize that Unreal Tournament 2003 began its very existence as an Xbox game? At some point during development, it became apparent that Xbox Live wasn't going to be ready in time for Unreal Championship and that, hey, why not also make a PC version since it had been a few years since Unreal Tournament - hence UT 2003.

That's right. All that fancy movement, fast weapon switching, and adrenaline and whatnot... all influenced by console gaming.

Unreal Tournament found its way to the Dreamcast and the PS2, but it was first and foremost a PC game... just like Unreal Tournament 3.

Forget the menu system/server browser because it's already been stated that those need some work. Think about gameplay here. UT3 is not "dumbed down"... it's returning to its roots: Unreal/UT.

I'm just tired of seeing people say that and wanted to share a little perspective.
                Hey nicely said mate, you're totally right..
                And it saddens me that not everyone thinks like you do..
                Maybe c u ingame & good luck with BeyondUnreal, it's a great site!

Comment

Originally posted by [TT]BrundleFly View Post
                  I think you're drunk. And drinking men's aftershave causes delusions as well...
                  lol.....

Comment

Originally posted by Ultron View Post
                    6) The shield gun which promoted/rewarded cowardace.
                    Not to some of us. I only used the shield to survive falls and make suicide runs more sucessful
                    If I was going to run from someone, I layed out fire to try and keep them at bay. The shieldgun was the last thing on my mind

Comment

I like Unreal Champinship

Comment

Originally posted by Phopojijo View Post
                        Dude seriously... you're acting pathetic.

Not meant in an attacking way -- I mean literally... sulking in a corner.

It doesn't hit Epic's standards -- true... but they're patching it... it's obvious they're patching it... they're a busy company with a few dozen licensees and 2 games... and only 70 people (+ China). They wanted it out for this holiday... they met their mark but the game wasn't quite done. YET.

When the UI gets their bugs fixed and hopefully more tweaked for their standard of option editing... then the UI is decent enough. Sure -- it looks like something from a console...

But if you honestly have issues with interfaces? Play Battlefield... it's got ALL the options you want (not that it matters because Battlefield is so unstable you'll never actually get to PLAY the game... but at least it looks "PC"... like a blue screen of death... you don't see those on consoles, but I digress.)

Sure --

Lastly I admit -- the amount of players online is bad. But 3 things:

1) UT always was a game to SLOWLY make their sales.
                        2) The market is more crowded than ever.
                        3) Everyone's in the forum nitpicking.

i have been playing the game from loyalty to ut99/2004, i just cant like it in its current state, im an emotional guy and like to voice of about stuff important 2 me, i still hope ut3 becomes yet another epic title i play to destruction but i know it wont be. im not so sure this version of ut can recover sufficiently to have the populations needed for diversification and good server population..

i played battlefield a bit - fungame but not my fav kind of genre of game -fast reaction based shooters i hear it was simplified and noobified by patch after patch, i dont know as i played mostly in the first 9 months of release.

there is nothing wrong with wanting your fav game to have all the features you expect from these games, total configurabillity and usability should be the baseline before they tackle questions such as do we want to nerf hs play or make char's less mobile as a game decision.

im just looking forward to ut3 on my 360 now - it will be the bomb on that! im being serious some of the choices made will make for an extremly playable console game

who knows maybe they will patch it enough that both versions will be distinct on the platform of choice

Comment

If one thing was dumbed down for console it would be the graphics. Unreal, UT99 and UT2k3 all had the best graphics for their time. Look at the character and the shadows at 23sec into this video. http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/9404.html No UE3 game is even close to that.

If pc gaming was still where the sales were we would probabaly have this kind of detail at the highest settings. Probably also have a better graphics to performance ratio as well.

Comment

Yeah UT single jumping is higher than UT2k4 or UT3 single jumping. UT3 double jump is lower than UT2k4's double jump. I haven't figured out yet if that's a lower setting on the jump itself or if gravity was literally lowered some in order to lower the jumping (that does make a difference actually, since gravity also effects dodge distance).

Right now I cannot tell if dodge distance has changed between UT3 and previous titles. It was actually the same distance (relatively) between UT and UT2k3/UT2k4.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultron View Post
                              Right now I cannot tell if dodge distance has changed between UT3 and previous titles. It was actually the same distance (relatively) between UT and UT2k3/UT2k4.
                              Dodging does feel a bit weaker than in 2k4 and UT, as well as jumps
                              I'm coming across walls in various maps where in 2k4, a double jump would have easily gotten me over it
                              Dodges seem to be not much more than an additional 1.5 playerwidths

Comment

Working...
                              X