Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ROFL! Anybody notice the feign death setting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ROFL! Anybody notice the feign death setting?

Under input where you bind your keys, there is a control called feign death. Curious, I set a key to it and tried it. It makes your character play dead!!

So funny! Everybody runs by you! Then you can get up and scare **** out of the dude sniping right next to you.

Imagine what that must look like. A player who you assume dead all of a sudden gets back up and starts shooting you! I know you can get knocked down but this is way cooler!

It's fun. the original UT had this as well.

Comment

even though i can;t play on my 4 year old PC, i still know that input key bind was unnecessary cuz "F key" is default set on "fake death"

Comment

Thats nice faking your death but if some 1 is smart your DEAD! ..............

Comment

key word is "IF" i can not tell you how many times in UT i have loaded the snot slinger and laid down playin dead in a busy DM server and had some poor soul just run by only to get a full load in the back....pure bliss...

Comment

In ut3 u cant load or use any weapons when playing dead

Comment

Their collision still holds if they are faking death. You will notice when you walk over them.

Comment

What saves me is the bloodlust for seeing gory chunks. Play dead...you'll notice the flak shell coming your way.

Comment

I always love splatting the corpse's gibs all over the place just for fun when I run past them, so it doesn't play well around me. Heheh.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainZap View Post
                    I always love splatting the corpse's gibs all over the place just for fun when I run past them, so it doesn't play well around me. Heheh.
                    lol but even that is funny, shooting what you think to be a dead body and then getting a kill!

Comment

Yeah I loved it when that happened in UT 99', usually in ctf

Comment

I make it a special note to pump a lot of hot lead into any enemy bodies I see lying around, just to be sure they stay dead.

Comment

Do it when you're walking down the steps in Heatray, it's hilarious. Pretty funny off of jump pads too.

Comment

Im actually surprised by the amount of ppl that didnt know there was a feign death button it certainly was missed in ut2xxx.

im using it all the time in multiplayer just for the fun of it. but its actually useful if u'd like to go to the menus in the middle of the game and not get killed and be forced back to spawn. it works almost like a pause.

Comment

Originally posted by Flak View Post
                              Do it when you're walking down the steps in Heatray, it's hilarious. Pretty funny off of jump pads too.
                              yeah i tried this...while running down the stairs i ended up falling off the ledge at the bottom of the stairs lol...bots recognized me tho

Comment

Working...
                              X