Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zhou's hoverboard tricking thread with full guide

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    cool nice wo0torz

    Comment


      #32
      Originally posted by re8 View Post
      downloadable version please?
      Sure thing, http://files.filefront.com/UT3+hover.../fileinfo.html

      Comment


        #33
        Watching these videos made me think of how many amazing mods and maps are going to be out for the hoverboard

        But the impact hammer hoverboard jump bug is lame.

        Comment


          #34
          Originally posted by Zhou View Post
          Sure Catzenjaeger;

          WASD - movement
          space - jump (can't grab using this type of jump)
          C - crouch jump (added height)
          Left mouse button (on ground) - grapple (needs vehicle nearby)
          Right mouse button (on ground) - Rotate camera around you
          Left mouse button (in air) - frontside grab (board grabbed in front of the body with both hands)
          Right mouse button (in air) - backside grab (board grabbed behind the body with one hand)
          A (when about to jump) - prepares to spin to the left when jumping
          D (when about to jump) - prepares to spin to the right when jumping
          A A (on ground) - dodges to the left (like on a snowboard)
          D D (on ground) - dodges to the right (like on a snowboard)
          space then q immediately - My very own little hoverboard jump bug ^_^, will give about twice the height of a double jump when done correctly
          Another way to explain the spin would be: hold Crouch, then hold left or right, then release Crouch

          Also when you crouch you keep going forward, without holding W

          And to add to the list, like Entropy said, the RMB (he said LMB, but it's RMB with me) will make your camera rotate around you

          EDIT: Apparently you can combine the tricks. You can hold your hoverboard while spinning.
          Hold crouch, hold left or right, release crouch and immediately click LMB or RMB.

          Comment


            #35
            cheers
            I'm still trying to figure it out; Impact,Jump,Hover, or is it IHJ?
            TIA

            Comment


              #36
              please epic, fix the hover jump bug and ruin the fun to this guy.... LOL

              Comment


                #37
                Hover jump 'bug' can be used pretty well in competitive play... don't take it out!!!!!!

                Comment


                  #38
                  Originally posted by re8 View Post
                  cheers
                  I'm still trying to figure it out; Impact,Jump,Hover, or is it IHJ?
                  TIA
                  Impact Jump hover. You need to do it pretty **** fast though, so hold down mouse1 then release and hit jump at the same time to do a normal impact jump. Then hit q almost immediately to equip the board. The easiest way to practice is to break it down to components, so practice the impact jump and hover-jump bug separately then try to combine them.

                  Originally posted by Entil'Zha View Post
                  Another way to explain the spin would be: hold Crouch, then hold left or right, then release Crouch

                  Also when you crouch you keep going forward, without holding W

                  And to add to the list, like Entropy said, the RMB (he said LMB, but it's RMB with me) will make your camera rotate around you

                  EDIT: Apparently you can combine the tricks. You can hold your hoverboard while spinning.
                  Hold crouch, hold left or right, release crouch and immediately click LMB or RMB.
                  Will amend the firstpost with the rotate cam info. Also I did the small written guide as separate commands which can be combined, watching the first video I did gives a better understanding of trick combinations.

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Big changes made to the first post with a full hoverboard tricking guide now included and a better layout
                    Don't suppose one of those lovely mods that float about could give me a thread name change btw? Something like "Zhou's hoverboard tricking guide and videos" would be great if it were possible.

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Thanks bro for the instruction!
                      Originally posted by Zhou View Post
                      Don't suppose one of those lovely mods that float about could give me a thread name change btw? Something like "Zhou's hoverboard tricking guide and videos" would be great if it were possible.
                      EDIT: do this:
                      [EDIT], [Go Advanced] (next to Save), now edit your topic!!

                      Comment


                        #41
                        Very nice. The trick jumper in me wants this bug to stay in the game. However, I'm sure Epic will remove it.

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Originally posted by re8 View Post
                          Thanks bro for the instruction!EDIT: do this:
                          [EDIT], [Go Advanced] (next to Save), now edit your topic!!
                          Thanks a bunch, the old title was annoying me ^^

                          Originally posted by LagMasterSam View Post
                          Very nice. The trick jumper in me wants this bug to stay in the game. However, I'm sure Epic will remove it.
                          Yeah so am I sadly, still a fun little bug however ^_^

                          Comment


                            #43
                            Great stuff, you put a lot of time into this.

                            Comment


                              #44
                              the hoverboard bug impact hammer jump sounds interesting =)

                              Comment


                                #45
                                bumped for awesome.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X