Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 and Direct2drive

Hi there,

so..I am tempted to buy ut3 at direct2drive.

Any feedback on direct2drive service?

Just buy it and download, what else?

Comment

i wouldnt do that:
      no cd-box, barely always problems with patches and so on...

Comment

Yeah..... and if you have to deleted the computer........ how will you install the game ?

Comment

Avoid d2d, they have issues with patching games, etc.

Now if they offered it on Steam, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. And I used to hate steam, but it's come a long way.

Comment

Originally posted by Visceral View Post
            Now if they offered it on Steam, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. And I used to hate steam, but it's come a long way.
            Fully agree. I would really love to see Epic, Midway, or whatever other powers that may be get a deal going to sell this game on Steam. I dont really care to buy boxed games anymore, all of my gaming purchases for the past year were thru Steam (with the exception of the game or two I got for my Xbox360). No cds/dvds to deal with, instant patching, updates that always keep me reletively aware of whats going on, and and the community/friends addition is a nice touch.

I dont know anything about direct-to-drive, but obviously the concept is the same. Only problem is, Im not interested in having multiple clients to host my games (I already had to get EA's one for my foolish BF2 booster pack purchases, Im not gonna do it again).

Comment

I've bought a ton of games there and never had a problem patching.

Also, if you uninstall the game and delete the installer, you can just go to your account page and download the game again. Added bonus: obviously, none of the games you buy there require a CD in the drive. I like getting games from there.

I'll probably buy UT3 retail though, just to have the box.

Comment

If UT3 was release on steam whats where i would buy it, I mean the friends feature maybe tuned alittle better and then join games that your friends are in would be easy making new friends would have some problems because not all people playing ut3 would use steam so I don't know. Then again i would like to buy the collectors edition due to the dvd it comes with because i plan on making some maps and what no. I really do think steam would be a nice partner with epic.

Comment

Working...
                X