This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    While I do find the player movement more responsive as found in UT99 one of the great features of the UT series is the ability to change it via mutators and I'm quite sure that if the final release doesn't have a certain feature then it will be available as a mutator quite shortly.

.... and of course we haven't played using the translocator yet.

My main complaint of 2k4 was the invisible walls which unfortunately seem to still be in UT3; if you can get to a ledge or roof etc then you should be able to make use of it as in UT99

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by da ghost View Post
    lol, this wasn't a complaint towards UT3. It was something to poke fun at the UT99 whiners now that most of them are gone.
    And apparently only the UT2k4 whiners are left. I guess maybe The UT99 guys are all enjoying the UT99 like UT3 demo.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I played many games, and I'm trying NOT to compare the game to other games. TRYING though! Just individualy judge the games and come to your conclusion of a game. Don't let your personal strengths at other games influence you in judging a game.
    That is the hard part. People have played only UT1 and will then play 2k4, and they will try to play UT2k4 with the same methods/tactics/weapons as UT1 and they will come to the conclusion what they are doing doesn't make sense. This evolves in anger and frustration which most probably will evolve in hate of the game. That's a human thing, everybody has this problem.
    I used to play UT1 3 hours a day, untill I had a pc which could actually run 2k4 at a good fps. (fps influences your conscience gaming experience and your unconscience gaming experience, your most likely to dislike a game if the fps is lower while you may think the fps is the same. stat fps has a lot of bugs with netcode in 2k4, it is NOT the correct fps.) FPS aside, back to the point, I played 2k4 and hated it. Later on I found out, that the reason I hated 2k4 was that I sucked at it and played it wrong. Playing it more and more I came to enjoy 2k4 more than I used to enjoy 99! The biggest reason was the movement. NOT that I think that everything in 2k4 is better! nonono! The shielgun requires skill yes, but it slows up gameplay too much, for example that's one of the things that should be different at 2k4. A shieldgun in CTF only would be better, it just doesn't fit in DM.
    Okey, I want to cut to my point now. I judged UT3 trying to forget my skills in the old UT's. I came to the conclusion that UT3 is better than both 2k4 and 99, for what my opinion is worth. So try to look at the game in a different way than you're used to.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Prior to d/ling the demo, I was expecting another low grav hitscan fest, but instead I was pleasantly surprised. I'm so happy we went back to the ways of the old UT, thanks Epic!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Senji View Post
    I agree with u ... statistics tells me that not a lot of ppl could handle UT2k4... thats about it.
    I love the way people just 'erase' UT2003 out of their minds? As an oldskool UT player, I was eagerly anticipating UT2003, and even though it wasn't to my expectations, I persevered with it and played it alongside UT. I was then disappointed to find that UT2004 was to be released, and I would need to shell out another £35 in order to keep playing this game.

Why would I need to do that when we could just go back to playing UT, and continue to do so to this day?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by stephen_wq View Post
    Look at the statistics also of game sales, UT99 sold one million copies. and how many people still play it. I honestly dont think there will be many playing 04 after 7 years. You can make as many claims about the games as you want, but the statistics tell the truth.
    I agree with u ... statistics tells me that not a lot of ppl could handle UT2k4... thats about it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    lol, this wasn't a complaint towards UT3. It was something to poke fun at the UT99 whiners now that most of them are gone.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ColdfireRik View Post
    I used to be a UT2k4 player, but i love UT3!
    QFT.

zomg10charlimit

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Bwahahahahahahaha!!!!

UT(99) a better game than '03/'04. You people kill me! I'm sorry that you UT(99) fans are too flackin' lazy to go learn new skills. '03/'04, definately better games.

UT3 Is regressive. With a new game engine should have been improvements in game play not this ****.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    God, how bout this...
    If you Like UT99, UT2k3 or UT2k4 better than UT3... go play them and stop annoying everyone else about UT3, which imo is better than 2k3 and 2k4... but anyway, if you like UT3, buy it, play it and have fun.
    Or if you prefer UT2k3/4 go play them and have fun, Solved!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    See? All the time you were complaining about how UT99 'feels' better than UT2003/4?

Well, UT2004 fans right now are talking about how UT3 doesn't 'feel' as good as UT2K4 did.

So now you know that it was nostalgia all along that made UT99 seem like the better game. And Epic listened to you and believed that taking a step backwards will make everyone happy... good job, you've tricked them well.

That is all.
    Every one of these threads is funny.
    Though someone needs to make a generic thread for all UT04 related complaints to go in.

Course ut2004 players are complaining, they cant fly all over the place and ***** the shock rifle.

Look at the statistics also of game sales, UT99 sold one million copies. and how many people still play it. I honestly dont think there will be many playing 04 after 7 years. You can make as many claims about the games as you want, but the statistics tell the truth.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i used to be a ut2k3 player but got used to the changes in ut2k4.

i aslo used to be a ut2k4 player but got used to the changes in ut3.. and like them..

but i would like to bring back faster weapon switch. and nerf mini :O

Leave a comment:

• replied
    See? All the time you were complaining about how UT99 'feels' better than UT2003/4?

Well, UT2004 fans right now are talking about how UT3 doesn't 'feel' as good as UT2K4 did.

So now you know that it was nostalgia all along that made UT99 seem like the better game.
    Wow. It's always amazing when I see logic getting mangled that way. You sir are an artiste.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I used to be a UT2k4 player, but i love UT3!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    not all 2k4 players are moaning - there are some bits that could do we their attention but as game play goes it rox - Random rox by an idiot can be annoying when u dodge round a corner tho. only 1 hit and booom ded - weapon switch is too slow and i cant seem to get used to widescreen - making my dodge/moving combos hit and miss.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X