X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the better made threads in these forums. *Applauds*

Comment

UTkx sucked because of the graphics and the weapons balance. Thats about it.

UT99 was gritty and raw.

combine those 2 factors and you get UT 3.5

the fans are gonna moan. UT2008 will arrive.

We'll smile like cheshire cats.

You know its possible aye.

Comment

I have to agree with OP, u dont need to be a genius to realise that UT3's main focus was Warfare and probably vCTF as well *shudders* and i'm sure like most of us, its quite degrading to see have to see a game go down this path. But if it invites lots of new players, i guess thats fine by me because the developers will still have to build the core-gameplay from the ground up. Nobody is forcing me to play on vehicle-servers.

I just find it sad that theres a whole new community or a group bred from that gametype and they're just as vicious as the UT99 / UT2k3 community are when we split. They honestly could not stand it when others make a pass at their beloved vehicle modes and its not easy convincing them of UT2k4's core gameplay because they're Onslaught purists and they share very similar traits as the UT99 purists: They have zero experience with UT2k4 classic gametypes and refuse to try it b4 re-evaluating their opinions.

imo tho... i don't think UT3 is a blast from the past - if u're speaking about movement, ok you can take that one but for the core gameplay and the weapon issues, i can't help but feel its seroiusly been bogged down compared to UT99.

Comparing CS:S's success with UT3's "proposed" sucess is pretty stupid, CS:S never had a more harder/completely unique predecessor game like UT3 did with UT2k4. So CS:S never had to deal with a split community in the first place, if they threw the same un-innovative recycled game back in their face, you can bet your *** they'll love it no problem.

I completely agree with OP with respect to what he said about the previous UT franchises, there really wasn't anything wrong with UT2k4, it was new and it held enough interest for many that will adopt the new gameplay. UT3 doens't offer anything new but as for whether i like it or not, i'm not as forgiving as OP, I like the game for sure - i mean its UT ... this is practicaly what I upgraded my rig for, i just think its nothing like the old UT2k4 NOR do i think its anything like UT99. So i guess i'm just not happy with it atm.

If nothing changes, thats a bummer... guess i'll just have to keep playing it until i get better at spamming and hopefully wont feel so bad about hanging up my hitscan skills that i practiced so vigorously.

Comment

Originally posted by Senji View Post
          I have to agree with OP, u dont need to be a genius to realise that UT3's main focus was Warfare and probably vCTF as well *shudders* and i'm sure like most of us, its quite degrading to see have to see a game go down this path. But if it invites lots of new players, i guess thats fine by me because the developers will still have to build the core-gameplay from the ground up. Nobody is forcing me to play on vehicle-servers.

I just find it sad that theres a whole new community or a group bred from that gametype and they're just as vicious as the UT99 / UT2k3 community are when we split. They honestly could not stand it when others make a pass at their beloved vehicle modes and its not easy convincing them of UT2k4's core gameplay because they're Onslaught purists and they share very similar traits as the UT99 purists: They have zero experience with UT2k4 classic gametypes and refuse to try it b4 re-evaluating their opinions.

imo tho... i don't think UT3 is a blast from the past - if u're speaking about movement, ok you can take that one but for the core gameplay and the weapon issues, i can't help but feel its seroiusly been bogged down compared to UT99.

Comparing CS:S's success with UT3's "proposed" sucess is pretty stupid, CS:S never had a more harder/completely unique predecessor game like UT3 did with UT2k4. So CS:S never had to deal with a split community in the first place, if they threw the same un-innovative recycled game back in their face, you can bet your *** they'll love it no problem.

I completely agree with OP with respect to what he said about the previous UT franchises, there really wasn't anything wrong with UT2k4, it was new and it held enough interest for many that will adopt the new gameplay. UT3 doens't offer anything new but as for whether i like it or not, i'm not as forgiving as OP, I like the game for sure - i mean its UT ... this is practicaly what I upgraded my rig for, i just think its nothing like the old UT2k4 NOR do i think its anything like UT99. So i guess i'm just not happy with it atm.

If nothing changes, thats a bummer... guess i'll just have to keep playing it until i get better at spamming and hopefully wont feel so bad about hanging up my hitscan skills that i practiced so vigorously.
          Ya, first time I saw a vehicle in DM when I started UT3 up, I was like...."noooo you didn't!". =/

I can't stand vehicles atm, Onslaught was ok, but now it's like battlefield or something..lol..I can't maneuvre in the things, I don't wanna ><.

I'm thinking of playing instagib only atm, I really hope they don't put warfare vehicles or any bs in there, and that we can still play on decent low gravity maps.

Comment

Originally posted by candyshooter View Post
            Ya, first time I saw a vehicle in DM when I started UT3 up, I was like...."noooo you didn't!". =/

I can't stand vehicles atm, Onslaught was ok, but now it's like battlefield or something..lol..I can't maneuvre in the things, I don't wanna ><.

I'm thinking of playing instagib only atm, I really hope they don't put warfare vehicles or any bs in there, and that we can still play on decent low gravity maps.
            Exactly how did i forget that? They a frikkin tripod thing in a DM map, is that not a complete slap in the face for the hardcore-competitive DM players? I dont think it helped give DM players a taste of the "cool" vehicles - it just ****** them off and me expecially when a noob hogs that **** thing and nabs a lot of easy kills. If i wanted to play around with the new toys i'd play on the vehicle servers.

Comment

Originally posted by Senji View Post
              Exactly how did i forget that? They a frikkin tripod thing in a DM map, is that not a complete slap in the face for the hardcore-competitive DM players? I dont think it helped give DM players a taste of the "cool" vehicles - it just ****** them off and me expecially when a noob hogs that **** thing and nabs a lot of easy kills. If i wanted to play around with the new toys i'd play on the vehicle servers.
              I don't think the demo is particularly geared towards hardcore competitive players. It's more to entice newcomers to the series with some neat stuff. SangriLa is a pretty good DM map for pros, but it seems to me that Heatray is designed more with pubbing in mind.

All the bickering on the forums reminds me of the Tribes community, which is always bad. They've become elitist and splintered to the point that they basically killed off their franchise, since no game on earth could possibly have pleased enough of the fanbase.

Comment

Originally posted by XF Clohvn View Post
                All the bickering on the forums reminds me of the Tribes community, which is always bad. They've become elitist and splintered to the point that they basically killed off their franchise,
                That's kinda their own doing no. We started with CTF, DM, TDM, and ICTF.

Now you have warfare, tons of vehicles. ONS, bombing run, Assault, CTF with vehicles, half ***** dodges, anti grav boots. And a combination of all that stuff together.

And now they split up UT2k4 and UT99 community by removing double dodge and nerving dodge and going back 7 years in gameplay.

What the hell did they think was gonna happen lol><.

Comment

Hmmmm casual gamer spotted...

next please

Comment

If everyone just pulled together, chilled out, enjoyed it for what it is (a game) there would be a hell of a lot of people having fun and HELPING to make the game/community what it is/was... instead of all this ongoing arguing about what kind of player pererefed which game... I liked all the games (moreso ut99) and UT3 is great and I can't wait to get stuck into the full version. Why everyone else has to keep comparing it to 2k4 (or even ut99) is beyond me, it's a new game, it costs no more than a couple of meals and it's made for entertainment. If you don't want to be entertained by it then why not find another game?

If more of the anti-UT3 lot just sat back and smelled the coffee for a while instead of getting worked up about features they would realise that this game would have been the perfect continuation to UT99 (but with most of the 'good' additions from the 2KX games).

YOu either get behind the game and make it your 'own' and enjoy it or you forget about it and find another game that suits you better, endless debate about something that isn't going to change just brings the entire fanbase/community down and causes negativity where there is no need. it is still a fantastic game!

edit > and no i'm not a tree hugging hippy or a fence sitting liberal, it's just this **** kind gets tiring everytime ANY new game is released, especially for a long term game like UT that even 4 years from now will have a community of some kind still playing/modding/mapping with/for it which you can't say about most games, why not accept that and make a choice (preferably after playing the full version or updated demo!)

Comment

im totally gonna laugh my a** off if the full release version is soooo much better than the demo (which is already a decent demo) and everyone has sh** to say about it lol. dont do anything like give the full game a chance before starting all these BS threads about how the games suck...

Comment

Halo SUCKS!!!Unreal 4ever!!!!!!So STFU

Comment

LOL well that hit the nail on the head,remember folks this is a beta demo, ya know where the devs get feedback, like please put back in the movement like in 2k4, or please put instgib, or what ever you want that is possible. Alot of y'all seem to forget all the mods that came out after ut99,ut2003 and ut2k4 game out. And it seems that the devs took some of the modders work and incorperated into ut3 like duel isnt that from the chaos mod? I seem to remember it being in that mod only when playing unreal. And i bet ya right now some of the same modders and possibly a few new ones are lock in their rooms in the dark with only their monitor screens light to work by creating new mods and maps and hopefully converting some of the older mods and maps to play on UT3. One thing i would like to see and i know somewhere else it been ask is the ability to use weapons while on the hoverboard or at least the sheildgun to give you some protection

Comment

Originally posted by candyshooter View Post
                            ...And now they split up UT2k4 and UT99 community by removing double dodge and nerving dodge and going back 7 years in gameplay....
                            lol.

I think you'll find they split the UT and UT2K? communities right about the time they released UT2003 originally.

The thing that amazes me is the number of threads complaining about the lack of a dodge-jump. We've known for ages that it was being taken out (and there was much rejoicing).

I'm seeing players and clans that dropped out after 2K3 & 2K4 because they just didn't find the game engaging talking about re-forming for UT3. And that can only be a good thing.

Oh yeah, I pretty much disagree with the OP.

Comment

Oh my Lord what a drama queen. Do you think all this whining is going to make Epic go back to the drawing board at this point? They decided to put some of the UT99 back in and it’s the end of the world.

Comment

If you don't like the game don't play it, it's simple math.

Comment

Working...
                                X