Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Working] Game Controllers & Gamepads Support :D

Enable in Game Controllers & Gamepads Support
    Now the below all works offline and online for a ps1/ps2 game controller(PS3 looks the same & should work as is), all other controllers will work too, refer to bottom of post for reference code help section

1. Add this code
    C:\Documents and Settings\YourUserName\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3 Demo\UTGame\ConfigUTInput.ini
    Code:
    [Engine.PlayerInput]
    ; Game Controller Binds
    Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_A",Command=fovZoom2")
    Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_B",Command="ToggleMelee")
    Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_X",Command="HammerJump")
    Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_Y",Command="Duck")
    Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_Back",Command="GBA_ShowScores")
    Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_Start",Command="|onrelease showmenu")
    Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_LeftShoulder",Command="Use")
    Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_RightShoulder",Command="ToggleTranslocator")
    Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_DPad_Up",Command="GBA_MoveForward")
    Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_DPad_Down",Command="GBA_MoveBackward")
    Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_DPad_Left",Command="GBA_TurnLeft")
    Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_DPad_Right",Command="GBA_TurnRight")
    Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_RightTrigger",Command="|onrelease stat fps |onrelease stat net")
    Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_LeftTrigger",Command="GBA_Jump_Gamepad Invert=-1")
    Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_LeftX",Command="Axis aStrafe Speed=1.0 DeadZone=0.3")
    Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_LeftY",Command="Axis aBaseY Speed=1.0 DeadZone=0.3 Invert=-1")
    Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_RightX",Command="Axis aTurn Speed=1.0 DeadZone=0.2")
    Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_RightY",Command="Axis aLookup Speed=0.8 DeadZone=0.2 Invert=-1Axis")
    2. Add this code, adding ; infront of each line
    C:\Documents and Settings\YourUserName\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3 Demo\UTGame\Config\UTInput.ini
    Code:
    [Engine.PlayerInput]
    ;Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_LeftThumbstick",Command="GBA_Jump_Gamepad")
    ;Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_Start",Command="GBA_ShowMenu")
    ;Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_LeftX",Command="GBA_StrafeLeft_Gamepad")
    ;Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_LeftY",Command="GBA_MoveForward_Gamepad")
    ;Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_RightX",Command="GBA_TurnLeft_Gamepad")
    ;Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_RightY",Command="GBA_Look_Gamepad")
    ;Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_RightShoulder",Command="GBA_NextWeapon")
    ;Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_RightTrigger",Command="GBA_Fire")
    ;Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_LeftShoulder",Command="GBA_WeaponPicker")
    ;Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_LeftTrigger",Command="GBA_AltFire")
    ;Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_RightThumbstick",Command="GBA_SwitchToBestWeapon_Gamepad")
    ;Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_A",Command="GBA_Jump_Gamepad")
    ;Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_B",Command="GBA_ToggleMelee")
    ;Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_Y",Command="GBA_ShowMap")
    ;Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_X",Command="GBA_Use")
    ;Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_Back",Command="GBA_ShowScores")
    ;Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_DPad_Up",Command="GBA_ToggleMinimap")
    ;Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_DPad_Down",Command="GBA_FeignDeath")
    ;Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_DPad_Left",Command="GBA_ShowCommandMenu")
    ;Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_DPad_Right",Command="GBA_ToggleSpeaking")
    ;Bindings=(Name="SIXAXIS_AccelX",Command="GBA_TurnLeft_Gamepad")
    ;Bindings=(Name="SIXAXIS_AccelZ",Command="GBA_Look_Gamepad")
    3. Change code to below
    C:\Documents and Settings\YourUserName\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3 Demo\UTGame\Config\UTEngine.ini
    Code:
    [WinDrv.WindowsClient]
    AllowJoystickInput=1

Enable Ingame Hidden Game Controller Options

4. Change code to below
    C:\Documents and Settings\YourUserName\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3 Demo\UTGame\Config\UTGame.ini
    Code:
    [ControllerVibration UTUIDataProvider_MenuOption]
    bRemoveOnPC=0

[ControllerSensitivityMultiplier UTUIDataProvider_MenuOption]
    bRemoveOnPC=0

[TurningAccelerationFactor UTUIDataProvider_MenuOption]
    bRemoveOnPC=0

Reference code help section
    If you dont have a PS controller you may well need to modify the above step 1 code values
    • Invert=-1
    • Adding this will invert the axis, or(English ) swap it around. If u press jump and notice a very slight bob down action, remove Invert=-1 from jump

• Axis aStrafe
    • Axis aStrafe affects moving left/right, if you find you are moving to the left when you press right add Invert=-1 to revert it to the correct direction

• Axis aBaseY
    • Axis aBaseY affects moving forward/backward, if you find you are moving backwards when you press up on your controller add Invert=-1 to revert it to the correct direction, or remove Invert=-1 if you have copy and pasted the above working code.

• Axis aTurn
    • Axis aTurn affects moving left/right, if you find you are moving to the left when you press right add Invert=-1 to revert it to the correct direction

• Axis aLookup
    • Axis aLookup affects looking up/down, if you find you are looking up when you press down on your controller add Invert=-1 to revert it to the correct direction, or remove Invert=-1 if you have copy and pasted the above working code.

• Speed=0.*
    • Affects how fast the movement speed will be from the axis.

• DeadZone=0.3
    • Null movement zone, if you find your controller is not in use and your charcter is moving in a direction all by it self(or even possibly spinning in circles), you will need it increase this number, if set to high you will loose movement control.

Notes: If you enable analog mode you may find the D-Pad does not work.

Enjoy

Gamepad for ut3 wow im ashemed to even post on this thread

Comment

im ashemed to even post on this thread
      ROFL, the intelligence of a flea

I run razor copperhead, keyboard and the comfort of a controller, a far more complex game structure, and leave you to ponder on how many fingers i got

Comment

Nice work snoop, ill reinstall and give it a go!

Sorry to see you had to do the work on this is why I did not even bother with the demo after install! I did not want to mess with it I figured I would wait.

To see this game in its present state ie, beta demo and all its problems is quite difficult for me and to have to go into ini to make changes which I should not have to make or even to see the configs in "my documents" is even more annoying.

Been playing Unreal engine since 1998 gamepad keybord and mouse and I will not play it any other way. And I dont knock kb and mouse only users but for me and many of my friends the joystick support was and has been one of the main reasons we started playing this and continue to buy and play it!

Comment

Originally posted by Snoopy View Post
          I run razor copperhead, keyboard and the comfort of a controller, a far more complex game structure, and leave you to ponder on how many fingers i got
          Hehehe I need to see this in action sounds pretty amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by PricklyPoo View Post
            Hehehe I need to see this in action sounds pretty amazing.
            ...you have no idea. ...great work SNOOP!

Comment

Snoopy, you're my new hero. I had gotten the joystick axes to work, but I couldn't get the buttons to stay bound. Now all is right with the world.

Comment

I Have a typo so you insult me wow shows how old you are
                and about the gamepad for some maybe its there thing but laser mice have far better precision then any gamepad

Comment

Code:
                  its there thing but laser mice have far better precision then any gamepad
                  You lack such intelegence by coming to my post to insult my work. Work that you can't even comprehend which leads you to being completely incompetent of kind of judgement on the subject, or even under stand the raw basic gaming devices such as Razor Copperhead

I wont waste any more of my precious time on such a person as yourself, go find yourself a more constructive maner with your life then trying to up note yourself image

Comment

Originally posted by Snoopy View Post
                    Code:
                    its there thing but laser mice have far better precision then any gamepad
                    You lack such intelegence by coming to my post to insult my work. Work that you can't even comprehend which leads you to being completely incompetent of kind of judgement on the subject, or even under stand the raw basic gaming devices such as Razor Copperhead

I wont waste any more of my precious time on such a person as yourself, go find yourself a more constructive maner with your life then trying to up note yourself image
                    heh...for the sake of clarity to avoid this kind of misunderstanding for some of the other readers, Snoop is talking about having the Razor in his trigger-hand, the gamepad in his other hand for movement / weapon binds etc. & some macros no doubt, and the K/B for everything else... ...I know I regularily access 9 [nine] buttons independently & on-the-fly with my gamepad hand without a hitch...and that's just ONE-HALF of the gamepad as the right side is abandoned for sake of the mouse...

Comment

vehicles should be a blast to play with a gamepad
                      nice job !

Comment

Working Fix For PC-Based Gamepads: http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=580448

Comment

Yes well after much ini work and back and forth in and out of game I managed to get a somewhat workable config.

Culmination of Snoop's and 3NVY's and my own fiddling almost have to re invent the wheel here!

Anyway all is good but still have an annoying issue in GUI or interface menu config if you will.

Example: before I go into the menu to set my various volumes which have a range of 0 through 10. Mine are all set to 5 but as soon as I click on one to set it different it auto slides down to 0 and the only way I can set it here is to hold my DPad right and click on mouse then move off of it to another volume or to a non bar area with mouse.

So im not sure what is making this happen but its annoying and im not sure what is causing it could be POV or DPad the same or mouse ect ect.

Comment

Originally posted by dustin2k7 View Post
                            I Have a typo so you insult me wow shows how old you are
                            and about the gamepad for some maybe its there thing but laser mice have far better precision then any gamepad
                            Does it look like anyone here gives a ****?

I think you forget what's most important about gaming. Comfort, and fun!

Comment

Snoop. If I was at your house I'd hug you till you gibbed! Thanks for takin the time for these settings. I had been using XPadder for the time being because I couldn't get my deadzone working with the Thrustmaster or PS2 gamepad that I have hooked up. I can't wait to try your settings tonight.

I am going to change my signature to point to your and 3NVY's threads!

Thanks again

@To all the Haters:
                              Remember its not KB & mouse vs Gamepad. Leave the mouse out of it, we know the mouse aim is unbeatable (99.9% of the time).
                              Its KB (alone) vs Gamepad that we are arguing here.. the WASD vs Analog stick/POV Hat (d-pad).. That is what most of us mean when we say Gamepad. All the same, we don't need to hear the "take your gamepads back to your n00b consoles" comments as you've clearly never tried the gamepad for PC.

Comment

Working...
                              X