Will Warfare games be hours/days long?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will Warfare games be hours/days long?

I remember reading about Warfare when UT3 was still called "Envy" and they said the Warfare games will be like an actual warfare and the maps will be huge. It might take hours upon hours to decide which side wins and people will come and go like soldiers called into a battlefield. I thought it sounded sweet to think that one game could last more than one day.

A lot of stuff has changed since then.. I think that whole idea was completely dropped.

Comment

I really doubt it. Its changed a lot from how they first described it. Now it's basically Onslaught with some Assault thrown on top of it. My guess would be it would last about as long as a typical ONS match. But thats just a guess.

Comment

not really cuz we got hoverboard now

Comment

I think we just have to wait and see. I remember as does the original poster, the idea of the gametype being extremely grand with objectives to complete as well as capture points reminiscent of onslaught. I also remember hearing they were going to have original onslaught as well for the hardcore ONS people? Has anything even been released detailing how warfare is to play out? I havent come across anything and not knowing makes me all the more anxious for launch day

Comment

Originally posted by magnawiz View Post
            I remember reading about Warfare when UT3 was still called "Envy" and they said the Warfare games will be like an actual warfare and the maps will be huge. It might take hours upon hours to decide which side wins and people will come and go like soldiers called into a battlefield. I thought it sounded sweet to think that one game could last more than one day.
            One thing I've been hoping is that Epic would include a mutator which would prevent vehicle respawn. This would make the game more strategic since a team would have to think more carefully about how they used those limited assets and take more care to recharge damaged vehicles with the link gun. Would certainly require more teamwork, although bots would never be able to be programmed to handle this. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by magnawiz View Post
              Warfare is no longer like that at all.

Comment

only with 64 players

Comment

I think it would depend on the map maker & server host.

Comment

Warfare will probably have a goal score of 3 and a 20 minute time limit like just about every other gametype in the series. I hope Epic does something radical and breaks the mold by giving it a goal score of 2.

Comment

Working...
                    X