How do I find a server?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I find a server?

Hi all can someone talk me through the steps to play online cause i hear people are playing deathmatch online and i would love to have a go, but with this awful menu i don't have a clue, in laymans terms if possible, many thanks
    andy

First go to Multiplayer, then Join Game and then check if the options are correct (you want Deatmatch so the gametype option should be set to Deathmatch). And then click Search, this opens the Server browser which is basically a list of other computers (servers) that are hosting an online game.

So now you'll see a list of servers that you can play on but let's first find one that has a few players in it (just check under the Players column to see the number of players in a server) and also check the Ping of a server. That's a number which indicates the time it takes to communicate with that server (in milliseconds). This number should be as low as possible because otherwise you'll experience lag (in that case, it takes too much time to communicate with that server so shots will be delayed etc).

To join a server, just double click on it in the server browser. If all goes well, the game connects to that server and you're basically in an online server with a few other players

Comment

thanks for that i will give it a try

Comment

i just can't do it! it tells me to login so i press ok then it says wrong password, which isn't wrong then in create profile it says e mail address but when i use the @ key it tries to bring up the screen for stat fps! so i click play offline but i am still online then i click servers and guess what nothing! please help it's driving me mad

Comment

Working...
        X