More duel servers please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Just a gentle little *BUMP* to get this at the top of the stack so there's a higher chance server admins will see this.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    love Duel. need more.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hehe yeah, I was thinking primarily about Shangrila when I posted that. I'll agree that DM-HeatRay isn't really suited for playing 1on1 'seriously' but I still think it's fun. Even if my opponent decides to hop in the darkwalker, he will just be at a disadvantage because he's a big ***, slow moving target. I'd take it as a challenge to wear down that darkwalker with shockcombo's, rockets and bio globs from behind corners to avoid that.. erm.. heatray.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I dont think the devs were really concerned about Duel for the demo.. theres only one map for it aswell, unless you want your buddy running around in a darkwalker.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Haven't found on single duel server with decent ping yet but played bots(isn't quite the same qith this mode).. was just wondering if there were a way of turning off the amp in this mode? or is this only possible in the final version of the game(with a mut)?.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    x2 also from europe

Leave a comment:

• started a topic More duel servers please?

More duel servers please?

I've been having lots of fun with UT3 blasting away in DM servers, but there's one thing I'm missing. In UT2004 I loved playing 1on1 duels, but at the moment there are hardly any duel servers available for UT3. And none with a playable ping for me (I'm from Holland).

Not only is it fun to test your skills against a single other player, but I think playing duels will show new or inexperienced players how DM is supposed to be played (timing powerups, etc.), as currently most players are just running around like a headless chicken until they run into another player. Playing 1on1 forces people to think ahead and use the layout of the map to their advantage. These skills will also make you a better player in other gametypes, so it's good practise!

So, if anybody reading this is thinking of putting up a public UT3 server, please consider making it a duel.
Working...
X